Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

It's so annoying! According to the forecast Sunday is supposed to be dry... We'll see :(

Me too, I work a varying shift pattern and EVERY single day I've had off it's been blowing a gale or chucking it down or both!!! Not the best for a white car, it looks so filthy!!

as long as u dilute tardis its the best thing to use. as long as you don't use it on a hot day then ul be fine with using it.

only leave it on there about 30sec - 1min and ul be fine with it. will last forever aswell

Right, I brought the stuff in it's huge can LOL. What ratio do i use for it? I guess I mix it with water? I better have some tar now!!

Right, I brought the stuff in it's huge can LOL. What ratio do i use for it? I guess I mix it with water? I better have some tar now!!

The only time you want to find tar spots they'll be non-existent :lol:

Yeap, I'll not find one tar spit hahaha. Do I de tar the car before or after I wash it?

i foam the car

wash

clay (if i notice any tar spots i then de tar)

wash again

lime prime

wax

wax

wax

wax

:lol:

I have used this seller on eBay for a lot of things recently

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/allwoods_tt/

and this is his site www.allwoods-automotive.co.uk

absolutly superb service, prices are spot on and postage was free, just had a few dodo bits and bobs delivered, now all i need is a car lol

A few of you (Meaning just Dan! lol) will be super pleased to hear I finally bought some Auto Glym HD wax today to pamper Fabio with! My Dad can't believe how much I spent and my Mother thought it was leg wax... Ahem. Anyways, can't wait to use it! I'll be posting pics and a very amateur review :lol: If anyone was unsure of what the weather will be like tomorrow, I can assure you all that it WILL be raining because I want to wash my car, AGAIN! :(

Just checked the weather forecast for my area, Flic, and it is going to absolutely chuck it down all day. Brilliant! :(

That will make it 4 weekends in a row where I can't wash it :angry:

My forecast is much the same too, Alex :( Looks like I'll be driving my Mother to Matalan instead... Ohhhh the joys. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th weekend now!

Lame excuses all round - it's been dry today, Frosty has been tucked up in the garage with his bumper fixed and his first ever coat of sealant on rather than wax. Two more coats tomorrow, and a topping of Purple Haze - good until February I should think.

Flic - AG HD will serve you well, it's a good product. :D

It's not a lame excuse! I HAD to go shopping today because I was running out of time to take back £52 pounds of clothes that I didn't want. I had until Monday or I'd have run out of my 30 days! AND I don't have a garage, well, I do but it's full of stuff like bikes and lawn mowers. AND... My dog ate my homework, Sir :(

;)

Yeah, it has been dry here today aswell, but I've been at !Removed! school all day - from 0800 to 1630 :( :( Not cool. I would much rather have been out cleaning the car all day :)

It's not a lame excuse! I HAD to go shopping today because I was running out of time to take back £52 pounds of clothes that I didn't want. I had until Monday or I'd have run out of my 30 days! AND I don't have a garage, well, I do but it's full of stuff like bikes and lawn mowers. AND... My dog ate my homework, Sir :(

;)

Detention I think...

:lol: ;)

I have one thing to say aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I have now collected about £200 of cleaning products on your brilliant advice on here, I had yesterday off, today and tomorrow, would have been a good time to wash and wax.

But I can't, my mum went to visit my sisters for the weekend and took her car key's with her!!! Without moving her car I that's parked next to mine I don't have the space to wash and wax grrrr LOL.

I have next friday and Saturday off though so will just be praying the weathers good PLEEEAASSEEEE??

I do have one question, how long do you put the prime lite on for before buffing it off? Can you do large panels at a time with it? And also this tardis stuff, am I right in saying you just use it undiluted?

Dan i would just use your aqua wax over the top of 3 coats of FK

your purple haze wont really add much to it and cud just be a waste. personally id save it will better weather again next year.

by 2 coats of FK are still going strong but im pretty sure my wax layer that i put on has pretty much gone. i just give it a wash now and use CG detailing spray and its perfect.

marky as long as its a cool day (which it will be at the time of year) you can do large panels, in the summer wen its hot i do have a panel at a time so it doesnt dry on, buff off as soon as you have covered the whole panel.

tardis i have a bottle that is undiluted for any major tar, put this onto a cloth and give it a gentle rub, and i have a small spray bottle that is diluted which i sumtimes use on my wheels when i take them off the car.

Oh, would you look at that! It's raining... What a shocker :(

Oh, would you look at that! It's raining... What a shocker :(

It's raining so much here that the water is leaking through the UPVC windows, and there's a 4" deep puddle at the bottom of the drive. I really wanted to give Cho a clean too :(

greeny - as it happens it rained just as I got the second coat of FK on, so that's it for now.

The purple haze was going to be a sacrificial layer anyway - keep the bird poo etching down. I also just love applying the stuff :lol:

Have to say that for winter protection - I'm converted to sealant. You can see the layers of protection and the beading already is great. Shine's great too...

I decided to do a comparison test today - a commerical trim restorer vs ground nut oil.

Winner - no question, ground nut oil. Feeds the trim and removes white residue FAR better than AG Bumper Care. The oil is however a pain if it gets on glass, much harder to get off.

Well... I just managed to get the car done before it started to rain. Only managed to get one coat of Hard candy on before it started raining on me :( I really wanted to get 2 coats on.

Bad luck Flic.... maybe next weekend, eh!

And finally a couple of questions for those in the know. I want to get something a bit better than just a bog standard MF to dry the windows with since I find it a right pain in the !Removed! to dry them at the moment. Is it easier to dry windows with a waffle weave MF?

Also, is it worth me getting something like red mist to put on top of my hard candy as a sealent type thingy-ma-bob?

Thanks

Yes to the waffle weave - I apply glass cleaner with mine and dry the windows. Fantastic. The Dodo Green Gherkin is quite large - get one of those.

Red Mist is raved about by many, I find it gives less 'visible' protection than other products and therefore prefer to use something else (I'm also allergic to it, so I'm a bit biased). Duragloxx Aquawax is my preferred 'top spray' at present.

Thanks for the quick reply, Dan :D

The green gherkin is not on I4D but the supernatural waffle and the mint merkin are. Are they both the same or does one have a particular advantage?

Dan i would just use your aqua wax over the top of 3 coats of FK

your purple haze wont really add much to it and cud just be a waste. personally id save it will better weather again next year.

by 2 coats of FK are still going strong but im pretty sure my wax layer that i put on has pretty much gone. i just give it a wash now and use CG detailing spray and its perfect.

marky as long as its a cool day (which it will be at the time of year) you can do large panels, in the summer wen its hot i do have a panel at a time so it doesnt dry on, buff off as soon as you have covered the whole panel.

tardis i have a bottle that is undiluted for any major tar, put this onto a cloth and give it a gentle rub, and i have a small spray bottle that is diluted which i sumtimes use on my wheels when i take them off the car.

Hi there greeny. When you take your wheels off to give them a detail do you use the emergency jack in the boot or a trolley jack? Also do you do one wheel at a time or do you put the entire car up on axel stands?

On the topic of glass cleaning.

Every time I clean my windscreen with Megs glass cleaner it always fails to remove the run of the wipers (I always see the area the wipers cover)

Any solutions?

Hi there greeny. When you take your wheels off to give them a detail do you use the emergency jack in the boot or a trolley jack? Also do you do one wheel at a time or do you put the entire car up on axel stands?

Im not Greeny :lol:, but here is what I do.

I used the emergency jack and done one wheel at a time, when this wheel was removed i placed a steel wheel on incase the jack failed while i was cleaning (this purely just because of horror stories ive heard about the emergency jack failing :lol:). So yes if possible i would prob use a trolley jack.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club