Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed Regarding Car Temperature

ShelbyNatkaniec

Hi all,

Im in desperate need of any advice or help!

I have a 2004 ford fiesta lx, i have had it for 3 months and all has been well apart from the last 2 weeks.

I started my car up one morning after not using it overnight, and immediatly my temperature gauge was all the way to the max, it was flashing and the temperature light also come on.

Now im not a car person so i had no idea what it meant, i turned the car off and on and then the engine management light also come on with the temp warnings. When i turned the car off, the fan would then kick in for a good 5 mins.

I ended up calling the RAC, he told me it was a faulty temperature sensor, telling my the car was overheating when it wasnt!!! he told me to get a new one fitted asap which i did at my nearest garage.

£50 down the line and 1 week later, the car started to struggle when starting/cutting out. The temp gauge, temp light and engine management light all come back on and the process started again! i took it back to the garage as i thought perhaps something was loose that they did etc, but all was fine.

Now a few days later, the car sometimes decides to drive ok, sometimes it decides that the warnings should come on, its very unpredictable!

can anyone please give me some advice on what it may be please

I think that whatever it is, it sounds electrical. But I am not sure what. One of the Fiesta fanboys will no doubt be along soon and will advise.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club