Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Tank On Small Size?

mills705

I picked my car up a week ago and as part of the deal I got some fuel in the car. It was around the 3/4 full mark when I picked it up.

Now with my old punto it was just less than half a tank for a weeks driving so this meant that roughly every 2 and a bit weeks I visited the petrol station and filled the car up. Now its been a week since I collected my car and i have nearly used 3/4 of a tank? Is the fiesta petrol tank quite small? My average MPG that I reset when I got the car is sitting at 52 mpg!

Quite confused.

Haven't got it to hand but the tank size is in the owners manual

its 42 litres, think thats smaller by 3 litres than my old one.

dont think 3 litres would be a 1/4 of a tanks different though on a more fuel efficent car? hmmm!

Well your mpg is good you should be pleased with that. See if you think the miles to empty corresponds with the fuel left according to the needle when it gets low next time. I know of a case or two on here where this was out and needed fixing

its just above the red now- and its 70 odd miles to go. My old car did have a wierd fuel gauge too- used to go really quick down to a quarter used then really slow the rest so could be something like that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club