Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St170 Whine

stewart.d.campbell

Hi, im getting what i can only describe as a noise like the old v10 f1 cars made from the front of my car, getting gradually noisier and it is worse on smooth tarmac, it also goes away when cornering to the left.Had it up in the air and couldnt hear where it was coming from, plus when it was up in the air it wouldnt rev right as one wheel was spining then the other would try to start and there is a bit of slack ie backlash in the transmission which kept messing it up.Also possibly not doing it with the weight off the wheels.No play in either of the front wheel bearings so im now starting to think possibly the diff-gearbox, hope not.

http://i255.photobuc...zps7pkndzev.mp4

Had it off the ground to try to locate the noise but it wont run properly even with the traction control off just nocks and bangs and the revs are all over the place so stoped it to avoid damaging something.Im suspecting the driveshafts as it goes away when cornering left and i cant see why it would do this if it was the gearbox but i could be wrong.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club