Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Tinted Windows Factory Fitted?

HarryEBaker

Hi,

I recently bought my first car (Ford Fiesta Zetec S 06') and have had to be put on the box insurance otherwise I was looking at £5000+ for insurance. The box itself does not bother me, however, the company say no modifications. Tinted windows come under this category but they are fine if they are factory fitted.

I am wondering how I can tell if the windows are factory fitted or installed by somebody after it was originally purchased. The guy I bought the car from says that he has not done any modifications to the car but somebody had it for 6 years prior to him.

If anyone could give me some advice on how to try and figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

They're coming to fit the box next Wednesday and if they are not factory will cancel the insurance :unsure:

Thanks,

Harry

Edited by Stoney871

Hi,

I recently bought my first car (Ford Fiesta Zetec S 06') and have had to be put on the sh*tty box insurance otherwise I was looking at £5000+ for insurance. The box itself does not bother me, however, the company say no modifications. Tinted windows come under this category but they are fine if they are factory fitted.

I am wondering how I can tell if the windows are factory fitted or installed by somebody after it was originally purchased. The guy I bought the car from says that he has not done any modifications to the car but somebody had it for 6 years prior to him.

If anyone could give me some advice on how to try and figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

They're coming to fit the box next Wednesday and if they are not factory will cancel the insurance :unsure:

Thanks,

Harry

Can you post a picture of the Windows? I believe they come with a 35% tint from the factory. It has a slightly green tinge to it

try to make a very small scratch the inside of one window right on the edge where unlikely to be noticed (boot glass is best).

If you can leave a mark then it's not factory tinting.

Factory tints are actually added as a part of the laminating process between the glass layers whereas aftermarket tints are applied as a film on the inner face of the glass.

• Like 1

Wouldnt tinted windows from factory be on the etis features list?

• Like 1

Wouldnt tinted windows from factory be on the etis features list?

It should be, but you know how reliable ETIS information is

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just remember tinted glass listed on ETIS, just means standard 30%.

Privacy glass is what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Just remember tinted glass listed on ETIS, just means standard 30%.

Privacy glass is what you are looking for.

Yea in checked etis recently and mine says privacy glass but my windows are all clear :-/ ?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I've personally not known Etis to be wrong, only ever found it missing information.

I am always hearing people say take it with a pinch of salt though, so others must see mistakes...

• Like 2

If you can see the heater element lines in the rear windscreen easily, then it's a tint. If they're almost invisible then it's most likely factory fitted privacy glass.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club