Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Controls The Throttle.

itsrelfy

Hi

What exactly controls the throttle on a 1.6tdci. I'm assuming its electronic rather than mechanical. My throttle seems to have a bit of a delayed reaction. I drove a hire car last week and as soon as you pushed the throttle pedal the revs climbed. With mine there's a brief pause

Could this be software related or a sensor?

It's a 2012 1.6tdci.

Many thanks

Adrian.

It is all fly by wire.

Normal Fords do have quite a dampened throttle response. I was so used to it on my current Focus a test drive of an ST really caught me out and I was rocking the car on the throttle, lol.

If you are concerned try and find another car with the same engine you can test drive to see if they are the same.

• Like 1

Well as I say this hire car I had was a 2014 focus zetec s 1.6 tdci with 28000 miles on it. Mines 2012 titanium X 1.6 tdci with 36000 on it. The difference although quite small was very noticeable. It made pulling away quickly so much easier. With mine I do have to make sure I have a nice sized gap when I pull away.

My car has always been this way. At first I thought it was a clutch issue. And ford did actually put a new clutch in it under warranty.

But now I'm wondering if it's to do with the throttle.

I'm just not sure if I were to take it in to ford what I would tell them. Because to all intents and purposes it works. It just don't work as nice as the hire car I had. That car was a joy to drive.

Ah mis-read your first post, didn't realise you have driven two different ones.

Worth going back to Ford then.

I had a PCM update done to my 2012 Focus, although it was a 2.0 TDCi, after I complained about unpredictable power delivery and it made the world of difference.

Ok so if there is an update available then I may well take it in. Is there anyway you can tell what version is in the car now and can you see anywhere what is the latest version?

You can only use Etis to see if there is an available PCM update, but not check versions.

Ford will only update if there is a problem though and if you are out of warranty you'll have to pay for it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club