Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Seen This Filter Before?

Jeremyc

My mazda mps used to suffer heat soak in town, quite noticable. But that due to the intercooler sat on top of engine relying on airflow through bonnet scoop and not due to air filter location.

Now heatsoak because of the intercooler yes I've had that happen but not because of a cone filter. My fabia would suffer with it if you gave it a good thrashing for a long time when it had the standard intercooler on but that's nothing to do with whether it had a cone filter on or not as it did it with standard air box and panel filter too even when running the bigger intake pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCMs did a test on pod filters and discovered they did absolutely bugger all, even within ideal never in the real world circumstances.

I'm not expecting this filter (which should be here today or tomorrow!) to make my car any quicker, I just need a new airbox and if she growls a little more under load all the better :D

• Like 1

Interesting video. Shame I saw a video of a focus 1.6 ecoboost fitted with a K&N 57s kit and it made 8 HP extra. I bought one and have had it for a week now but with stock filter box cover (still waiting for a replacement top). End cap off and induction noise can be heard inside the car and even with the radio on. Cap going back on when it stops raining.

• Like 1

MCMs did a test on pod filters and discovered they did absolutely bugger all, even within ideal never in the real world circumstances.

I'm not expecting this filter (which should be here today or tomorrow!) to make my car any quicker, I just need a new airbox and if she growls a little more under load all the better :D

They did another video with a NA car and it gave 6bhp WITHOUT cold air being pushed in either. So I imagine it would be maybe 8bhp with cold air

• Like 1

It comes with the whole box and filter hence the price

Nae it does, its just the filter!!

Value for money just fell off the cliff, but it looks well made, wire meshed inside with a very fine foam surround, thick rubber end plate on the hose side with a large rubber bung to go in the other side, it feels firm and I doubt it will fall off...ill shove it in if its not raining and get back to you on how it works :(

• Like 2

Nae it does, its just the filter!!Value for money just fell off the cliff, but it looks well made, wire meshed inside with a very fine foam surround, thick rubber end plate on the hose side with a large rubber bung to go in the other side, it feels firm and I doubt it will fall off...ill shove it in if its not raining and get back to you on how it works :(

take note of your stereo code,

Then disconnect battery for 10 minutes

this will reset the MAF sensor immediately

optimising results from New filter.

The MAF sensor will self adjust if you don't disconnect the battery for 10 minutes but will take a couple of weeks compared to doing it yourself.

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny, tried that but its going back, slowing down it generates a nice little grumble as it drops through the rev range but under any acceleration it develops a hiss, initially I thought it might be blow off or by pass valve or whatever its called but it would do it any time I hit the peddle. got one of my staff to hit the peddle whilst I had a listen and it seems the collar where it joins the airbox is allowing air to pass, essentially bypassing the filter and generating this constant hiss under load, I think it had the potential to make a difference as behind the hiss you can hear it and whilst I couldn't boot it as it was chucking it down with rain it certainty spun up the wheels more

• Like 1

Value for money just fell off the cliff, but it looks well made, wire meshed inside with a very fine foam surround, thick rubber end plate on the hose side with a large rubber bung to go in the other side, it feels firm and I doubt it will fall off...ill shove it in if its not raining and get back to you on how it works :(

Ah !Removed! buddy :( . Sucks to hear that did you get any pictures though as I may still get one for the performance of NA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

any update?

Yeah, got it refunded and used the money for the honeycomb grills .

I have some pictures which I'll upload this evening

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2015 at 6:53 AM, Dee_82 said:

Yeah, got it refunded and used the money for the honeycomb grills .

I have some pictures which I'll upload this evening

You ever get around to that? ;) :whip:

K&n = no more bhp just more dirt and dust sucked in to your engine.

Just use standard filter and cut some holes in casing.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club