Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello From Cyprus

burakcyprus

Hi everyone,

I am Burak from Cyprus, i have a 2007 Focus mk2 1.6 a/t and it's my first Ford. I love this car :) i am planning to change my interior with facelift one.

My current mods are:

Oem St wheels,

St springs

Front st brake system

Led interior and plate bulbs,

Oval shaped stereo surround

Morel&Rockford fosgate based sound system

I bought a mk2.5 cluster but got some issues, i hope i find the answers soon :)

Cheers

Hello and welcome! Where abouts are you from, North or South? :)

Hello chris, i live in north (morphou-guzelyurt) . Have you ever been in the cyprus?

• Like 1

Oh great! Yes we have a holiday home outside of Girne in Ozanköy.

I returned to the UK on Wednesday and I miss it already, lovely weather and delicious food. Will be back at the New Year!

Haven't been to Guzelyurt for a while but i like it there. :)

• Like 1

Nice castle & harbour at Girne if I remember correctly

Yes the harbour and castle are very picturesque.

Quite a few old castles up on the mountains too, like St Hilarion and Voufavento. :)

I need to go back . . not been there since the 80's - when I went there frequently, but prefer Portugal now :)

Yes I'm sure you'd enjoy it, friendly people, good food and good value as it's still in the Turkish Lira and not in the Euro. However you'd find it quite a lot busier and more built up than it was in the 80s.

Still a lot of nice countryside though, but the centre of Girne is very busy! We are about 3 miles outside of it so it's quieter. :)

• Like 1

It was a very, very good value place to go in the 80's & completely unspoilt & not a chav in sight or sound ! :)

It's still a nice place, and whilst it's more built up around Girne it's nowhere near as metropolitan as places like Paphos, Larnaca etc.

If you head out to Lapta, 6 miles or so out of Girne its much quieter and probably how you remember it.

Quite a few mainland turks there now but still nice people. :)

The Turks always struck me as nice people, mainland or islanders . . . shame their Government wasn't as nice to the Greek Cypriots in 1974

• Like 1

Yeah the Turks we've met have always been friendly.

Yes the Invasion is a touchy subject, but I've heard that the Greeks started the war by killing lots of the Turkish Cyps. :P

Not true.

The issue started with a coup by the Cypriot National Guard & the Greek Junta to overthrow the democratically elected President Archbishop Makarios the 3rd to achieve the annexation of Cyprus into Greece.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club