Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Ka Edge Brake Clunk

Highplainsdrifter

My daughter has just bought a 65 plate Ford KA Edge and there is an audible clunk from below the passenger foot well when the brake pedal is released in normal traffic driving conditions. (If the brake pedal is released slowly and carefully the clunk disappears) It appears this clunk is a characteristic of the car (play on the bar that connects the foot pedal on the right across to the brake servo on the left) and the brake system is inherently safe but it is irritating and distracting to listen to while driving and could potentially mask a clunk from a real brake problem. Ford and the dealer have no plans to eliminate the clunk (a characteristic of the model) and I would be interested to know how others have dealt with this, or if indeed it doesn't bother you at all.

my daughter has a 60 plate new shape and that does the clunk sound . it does sound odd like it need a rubber bumper put in place to help eliminate the clunk. as said it's part of the setup of the car. poor design i recon.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club