Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Mk7.5 New Modifications?

Adam Gallagher

Hi Guy's,

This is my First post I have made on this form!

:)

On the 30th of September I purchased my 2015 Ford Fiesta Zetec S Eco boost 1.0 in deep blue, it had 1.5K miles on the clock and I payed around £12.5K for it with 1 owner before me. it also has a lot of extra features like the upgraded centre console Etc.... I have posted some pics on my imgur page.

Pictures:

Im 17 years old and this is my first car, I now have 3200 miles on the clock, I am looking to get a "S" badge to put on the front Grill as well as a "Zetec S" badge for the back, I have been looking on E-Bay and they seem to range from £10-£30 for both. I'm not to sure what colour would look best Please post your opinion below and why. (Deep Blue, Red, Black or White).

Would I need to tell my insurance company about these small Modifications?

I am also getting the back 3 windows tinted, in 1-2 months but unsure of that % tint I should get.

If their are any other small modifications that you would recommend please say below (I don't want my insurance to increase as I am already paying over £2,500 per year) I also don't care to much for engine modifications.

Thanks a lot guys!!

Hope to speak to you guys soon! :D

I'd buy some LED's, totally transforms the look of the car! Have a look at my thread for some photos :)

Hi Tom, Just looked at your posts, Looks MINT! love the black on black look! what kind of LED's? I have lights in the foot well. but its just the normal ones.

Hi Tom, Just looked at your posts, Looks MINT! love the black on black look! what kind of LED's? I have lights in the foot well. but its just the normal ones.

Cheers man! A majority of the fittings are 501, so buy a pack of 501 White LED's (preferably English made ones) off eBay or if you have a lighting shop near you, its up to you. Replacing them in the number plate and sidelights reaaaally change the look of it, especially when it's dark out!

• Like 1

Yes, if buying them from eBay, make sure they're not coming over from China, they might last about a month lol.

Does anyone know if and where i can get diffrent coloured bulbs for thw footwells of my car?

There are S badges that have a sticky pad for the boot and a screw fit for the grill. About a tenner. I'd doubt you would need to tell the insurance as its not a modification. As far as colour has to be red I'd say. I replaced the Side light bulbs with LED ones and the headlight bulbs as well with Osram Nightbreaker 2 bulbs. Also replace the indicator bulbs for silver ones rather than the standard yellow. Not really much else I can think off other than that.

Cheers man! A majority of the fittings are 501, so buy a pack of 501 White LED's (preferably English made ones) off eBay or if you have a lighting shop near you, its up to you. Replacing them in the number plate and sidelights reaaaally change the look of it, especially when it's dark out!

If i use these leds for headlights etc... Will i need to tell my insurance companey about this? I also heard that they will fail their mot if you use xeon headlights unless you have water sprayers for the headlights...

Last night I decided to go for a red "S" for front and back, only £14 for front and back so not to bad, I also picked up a "Zetec" badge for only £17. Hopefully the badges are not low quality and will stick to the car for sometime and not come flying off in 1 week...

aright mate
have a look it ma project buddy and a have a few links and ideas for ye :)
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63107-my-mk75-titanium-10-ecoboost-project/?p=422318

btw i noticed your from Lanarkshire
where aboots ye fae? am fae motherwell

• Like 1

If i use these leds for headlights etc... Will i need to tell my insurance companey about this? I also heard that they will fail their mot if you use xeon headlights unless you have water sprayers for the headlights...

The LED's aren't used as headlights, they're used as sidelights which also come on when you have your dipped beam on. The dipped beam headlight bulbs are a H7 fitting.

I'm from Carluke so not to far from you :), Your car looks Class! Love the rear break sticker where did you get it? and did you have to tell your insurance about the sticker?

So its legal to have these lights as side lights as long as they are not dipped? would I need to tell my insurance about this? and how hard are they to change over? :)

It's definitely legal but dunno whether you'd have to tell your insurance about it, I doubt it tbh. You're getting a little mixed up :P Your sidelights are your sidelights, nothing special about them and they're a 501 fitting. You're dipped beam bulbs are H7 and your high beam bulbs are H15 or H1 if you had LED Daytime Running Lights. They're not to hard to fit, there's a couple of guides on here somewhere :)

I'm from Carluke so not to far from you :), Your car looks Class! Love the rear break sticker where did you get it? and did you have to tell your insurance about the sticker?

Not that far just member n toot if Ye see me about am sure you won't miss me haha

Aliexpress for rear sticker buddy and I tell my insurance everything to be honest but did nothing to my insurance at all

Aww okay, that clears a lot of things up lol, I'll have a look :D

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yeah will do I'm sure ill see you from a mile away lol.

Thanks I'll have a look and see what I can get!

:)

Whats the bulbs think ill order some now lol

Got a link to hand?

Damn looks really smart with the exhaust! Do you have any normal pictures of the back? also do you think me doing any of these modifications to my car would increase the insurance for a 17 year old?

where in Lanarkshire are you from stevenc? I'm from Carluke.

Damn looks really smart with the exhaust! Do you have any normal pictures of the back? also do you think me doing any of these modifications to my car would increase the insurance for a 17 year old?

If there is no increase to performance then phone and question it. I unlocked the engine with Adrian Flux for the same price on compare the meerkat people.

where in Lanarkshire are you from stevenc? I'm from Carluke.

:) Glasgow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club