Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 Petrol 59 Plate Issue

rah^

So I've had this car a fair while now and its starting to feel a little like its falling apart

its now done 62500miles and in general the appearance is not in to bad a condition.

Recently had a custom exhaust company cut the flexi out and weld in a new one as it was shot to sh.. along with this it had the front resonance? chamber removed as it was whistling away under acceleration. Its had a new water pump / timing belt and aux belt. Along with this 2 new suspension arms as they were destroyed (this is from work however)

Moving on it feels like it has a really strange power issue - its pretty jerky when pulling away and this happens through all the rev range and through all gears. I took the steps of new coil pack, new plugs and new leads and no change at all. Just to clarify "jerky" it idles without any change in revs however it does feel abit rough? when you go to pull away it gives the impression it wants to go.. then almost feels like a big drop in revs and then goes again. If i sit in neutral and have my foot on the accelerator I can visually see on the rev counter that it moves up and down continiously

As above this "power issue" behaviour happens regardless of hot / cold, uphill / downhill, Hamilton type driving or local granny driving! genuinely feels like some sort of hesitation as after a few secs of this happening it can clear up and go fine..

So throwing this out there now? Sensor issue? wiring issue? clutch issue? I'm at a loss as to what to check next!

Have they took the oxygen sensor out the exhaust or spend 60 to have it put on diagnostic machine then get the part and fix your self.

• Like 1

still has its pre / post sensors on the exhaust! you think it maybe worth while swapping the pre sensor out?

wow I'd be lucky if I can find one for that price! best I've managed is £40!

I know thats a mk6 but mk7 same shop around but around 20-25 mate sorrt puting 15 my bad

I know thats a mk6 but mk7 same shop around but around 20-25 mate sorrt puting 15 my badpost-63928-0-52823600-1448013789_thumb.p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club