Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto Headlights On All The Time

richardc1983

Hey all

As per title my auto main headlights are on all the time even in full sunshine. Only had the car from 6th November and noticed sometimes the auto wipers don't always respond quick enough either.

Clearly there is a fault, is it best to go back to the dealer?

Hey all

As per title my auto main headlights are on all the time even in full sunshine. Only had the car from 6th November and noticed sometimes the auto wipers don't always respond quick enough either.

Clearly there is a fault, is it best to go back to the dealer?

I have the same year car and a titanium and get the same,ford checked mine and said all normal.

My wipers was the main thing,turned them on Auto the other day with very slight rain and went mad like

ULTRA fast speed then the other day raining and things took ages to come on,normal inter ones would of done me.

Get the ford dealer to switch the rain sensing off then if you want normal intermittant, sure it could be done in configuration settings on ids,

• Like 1

I had this problem with mine and ford diagnosed it as a loose contact on sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find this "progress" a load of bull. I have my auto wipers permanently off (they're naff), never use the auto lights (what's the point, I know when it's dark), powerfold mirrors are only used when "I" decide, auto stop/start always off, etc. Steering wheel volume controls erratic so that the fault would never be found by greasemonkeys. Still love my 3 pot 125 tho. Just waiting for all the sensors to quit, engine, doors, seats etc. Auto dimming rear view mirror is a PITA, I wanna see when plod is following me. Otherwise, my Tit is great :D

O yea, the non-existant ashtray and !Removed! lighter, there's progress, and the window wind effect where ash is strewn all over the rear seats etc. Terrific. Still, it's only 2015.

Edit: LOL they actually removed the word f a g.

Edit 2: The DAB radio works reasonable well, the voice control doesn't understand "Play Genesis 1983 afterglow" :D

Get the ford dealer to switch the rain sensing off then if you want normal intermittant, sure it could be done in configuration settings on ids,

Can this be done then.

So then the setting on stick would just work as normal inta control.

The auto light i just leave on Auto as even if a bit light and there on still only like having DRL's on.

Just not LED so not as good.

You may have had a replacement screen and the sensor got damaged. Don't have any issues with auto lights/wipers in the van.

Its booked in for Tuesday next week at the car people where I got it from. I actually want all these features as have driven a fiesta before when I learned to drive and the wipers and lights worked well.

For example this morning the lights were on full which was expected as it was quite dark but during the day and sunny they stay on. It was also raining this morning and even though sensitivity is set to max they still were not coming on enough and ended up having to put to manual. Very annoying but as soon as I pulled up behind another car where there was its brake lights reflecting on my windscreen the wipers begun to go mad.

There are also the following software updates showing for my car on http://www.etis.ford.com/

-Front Control/Display Interface Module (FCDIM)
-Software Updates - Powertrain Control Module

-Software Updates - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Do you think they need applying as I have massive problems with bluetooth and the radio also resetting and turning on when off etc.

Yes - they need applying

How do I make them apply them? Ive heard they dont like applying software updates.

They will apply them - you'll probably have to pay though

Is this a Fraud dealer or an Indie ?

The Car People, in Wakefield.

Car has 3 months warranty.

As far as i'm aware only a Ford dealer can apply updates & they are no doubt chargeable

Ive rang them up and told them there are 3 updates and as I am travelling from Leeds and taking time out of work to leave the car with them unpaid then I require these updates applying to the car. They said they are booking the car into ford which is on the same estate as them to get the updates done.

What improvements and what are the actual updates for?

Where on etis does it show updates? Can you post up a photo of the section of etis?

I see now, I thought you could see them on just the ford etis main page, your signed in to etis to see them.

yes appears they have changed it now

How do you see if your car needs updates because it has all changed.

You can put Reg in now to get info but cant see any place where the updates would be.

Also do you need an account or just put Reg/VIN.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club