Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

skank

Boot lid release switch

8 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm new to this site (glad i found it, it's great) and I have been through the topics on this forum to see if I can find an answer to my problem. No luck as yet.

I have a 2002 Mondeo Zetec and the boot lid release button in the car has stopped working. It doesn't seem to have a fuse so I'm a bit stumped at what to check. Any ideas???

Also, am I right in thinking that all Mondeo's from 2001 onward have timing chains and not belts? I was sure I read it here last night but can't find it now.

Hi. I'm new to this site (glad i found it, it's great) and I have been through the topics on this forum to see if I can find an answer to my problem. No luck as yet.

I have a 2002 Mondeo Zetec and the boot lid release button in the car has stopped working. It doesn't seem to have a fuse so I'm a bit stumped at what to check. Any ideas???

Also, am I right in thinking that all Mondeo's from 2001 onward have timing chains and not belts? I was sure I read it here last night but can't find it now.

i dont know as i have a mk2 if the boot release button if on the door it might have come away from the wiring i had a eletric window switch pack up so i got one from a scrap yard and then found out it just came away might be worth checking that

Thanks for the help chaps. The link was really useful and gives good clear instructions. I'll have a go at sorting it at the weekend. Thanks again. This really is a great site.

easier to redirect see here.

Hi. The link is broken, can you please redirect to the new TalkFord site?

Thanks for the help chaps. The link was really useful and gives good clear instructions. I'll have a go at sorting it at the weekend. Thanks again. This really is a great site.

Hi. I have the same problem on my 2001 Mondeo Estate, from a few months a had been trying to locate the faulty area, without any success.

Did you managed to find the source of the problem? If yes please describe how did you solve it, or if you can remember the topic from the link, which helped in getting the solution, because the above mentioned link is not working (fordmondeo.org has changed it's domain name to talkford.com).

The 1.8 and 2.0 were definately timing chain driven rather than belt. Not sure about other sizes.