• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 skank

skank

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hi. I'm new to this site (glad i found it, it's great) and I have been through the topics on this forum to see if I can find an answer to my problem. No luck as yet.
I have a 2002 Mondeo Zetec and the boot lid release button in the car has stopped working. It doesn't seem to have a fuse so I'm a bit stumped at what to check. Any ideas???
Also, am I right in thinking that all Mondeo's from 2001 onward have timing chains and not belts? I was sure I read it here last night but can't find it now.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 covlad1987

covlad1987

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

Hi. I'm new to this site (glad i found it, it's great) and I have been through the topics on this forum to see if I can find an answer to my problem. No luck as yet.
I have a 2002 Mondeo Zetec and the boot lid release button in the car has stopped working. It doesn't seem to have a fuse so I'm a bit stumped at what to check. Any ideas???
Also, am I right in thinking that all Mondeo's from 2001 onward have timing chains and not belts? I was sure I read it here last night but can't find it now.

i dont know as i have a mk2 if the boot release button if on the door it might have come away from the wiring i had a eletric window switch pack up so i got one from a scrap yard and then found out it just came away might be worth checking that

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

easier to redirect see here.
http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?fid/243/tid/797159/

#4 skank

skank

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the help chaps. The link was really useful and gives good clear instructions. I'll have a go at sorting it at the weekend. Thanks again. This really is a great site.

#5 subatomix

subatomix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDDI

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

easier to redirect see here.

Hi. The link is broken, can you please redirect to the new TalkFord site?

#6 subatomix

subatomix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDDI

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the help chaps. The link was really useful and gives good clear instructions. I'll have a go at sorting it at the weekend. Thanks again. This really is a great site.

Hi. I have the same problem on my 2001 Mondeo Estate, from a few months a had been trying to locate the faulty area, without any success.
Did you managed to find the source of the problem? If yes please describe how did you solve it, or if you can remember the topic from the link, which helped in getting the solution, because the above mentioned link is not working (fordmondeo.org has changed it's domain name to talkford.com).

#7 monkeyra

monkeyra

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: ST220
Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Sounds like boot release solenoid is broken. Here's the link referred to above.

http://www.talkford....lease-solenoid/

#8 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,530 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

The 1.8 and 2.0 were definately timing chain driven rather than belt. Not sure about other sizes.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users