Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saying Hi ......... And Some Little Advice Please

MooseFocus

Hello people. Just bought a 2005 Focus 1.6 Ghia and loving it so far.

The car come with 2 keys, 1 x bog standard 3 button key and 1 x 3 button flip key with a broken keyring loop bit so I bought a replacement from eBay.

I took the key apart last Saturday and fitted the internals in the new case yesterday (Tuesday) and now the 3 buttons work but when I try to start the car the immobiliser light flashes rapidly and don't turn over.

The other standard key works fine still. Any ideas please?

Tia

Welcome to the site Andy. Post a thread in the Focus forum and someone should be able to help you.

Hi welcome :)

theirs a chip in the key which makes it start

• Like 1

Cheers for your replies fellas, The problem with the key was my own doing unfortunately, I damaged the transponder when trying to remove it from the original key.

eBay for a new key (£6) transferred the internals less the transponder and then £60 for mobile locksmith to supply and programme new transponder

So all good now cheers

• Like 1

Hi all.

Very much a newbie. My only experience with Ford was a manual Ghia X Diesel Estate. Having bought it for a suspicly low price after a few hundred miles I looked underneath.

Yea gods I never knew they could rust like that, then I remembered that the man I bought it from was selling it for his son. Who worked in Portsmouth, land of sun, sand and salt water.

So I'm looking for another one around 2004 or therabouts, same spec.

Advuce please? Is there a spellchecker on here, I've had bad spelling sinc I went to school. Not an excuse, just the way it is............

Hi all.

Very much a newbie. My only experience with Ford was a manual Ghia X Diesel Estate. Having bought it for a suspicly low price after a few hundred miles I looked underneath.

Yea gods I never knew they could rust like that, then I remembered that the man I bought it from was selling it for his son. Who worked in Portsmouth, land of sun, sand and salt water.

So I'm looking for another one around 2004 or therabouts, same spec.

Advuce please? Is there a spellchecker on here, I've had bad spelling sinc I went to school. Not an excuse, just the way it is............

Probably better off making a new thread! Although hello!

Im sure you'll get a better response in a new thread/or by posting in a relevant section on the forum :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club