Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Clean!

JoeZS19

As my works car park is like a rally stage in the winter, gave the car a well needed clean today! Quite enjoyed it to be fair, just a shame to drive it now aha

the clean =

Iron x on the wheels

Cyc snow foam

Jet washed it off

Two bucket and two Mit wash with chemical guys shampoo (can't remember the full name of it)

Dried off with a drying towel.

Then applied some chemical guys jet sealant to the paint.

Oh and even used some autosol chrome polish on the exhaust tips ;)

What are your winter wash / prep plans?

post-42336-145088547302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good I got my sill plates done and gave my wheels a clean today as they looked manky, too windy and cold to get the rest done.

Normally do the wheels with an iron reactive cleaner, got the wonder wheels version just now, seems to work ok

Jetwash the car with the standard foam attachment, haven't upgraded to snow foam yet.

Rinse, two bucket wash method

Dry with a large microfibre or two.

Full detail (still to do, only had the fezza a month and weather has been awful):

Megs clay bar and quick detailer

Megs ultimate compound and Scratch X if needed

Poorboys EXP sealant

Megs Tech Wax 2 as top up

Poorboys wheel sealant

A fan of autosol chrome polish for exhaust tips but don't have any to polish anymore on the Zetec S

Looks good I got my sill plates done and gave my wheels a clean today as they looked manky, too windy and cold to get the rest done.

Normally do the wheels with an iron reactive cleaner, got the wonder wheels version just now, seems to work ok

Jetwash the car with the standard foam attachment, haven't upgraded to snow foam yet.

Rinse, two bucket wash method

Dry with a large microfibre or two.

Full detail (still to do, only had the fezza a month and weather has been awful):

Megs clay bar and quick detailer

Megs ultimate compound and Scratch X if needed

Poorboys EXP sealant

Megs Tech Wax 2 as top up

Poorboys wheel sealant

A fan of autosol chrome polish for exhaust tips but don't have any to polish anymore on the Zetec S

Sounds good!

Yeah the weather has been pretty crap lately.

Could just take it up to one of the hand car wash places but I'd rather do it myself and know it's done properly.

One thing I've yet to find that lasts is tyre dressing?

• Like 1

I know what you mean about doing it yourself.

Tyre dressing I just use the gel stuff from Halfords, Turtle wax tyre gel - http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/wheel-tyre-cleaning/turtle-wax-protect-shine-tyre-bumper-gel-500ml

Works ok, doesn't last that well but ok - usually use a foam applicator pad to apply it.

Getting a clay mit at Xmas too so will see how that goes compared to an actual clay bar.

Moving to the detailing section. If you have a read of the threads there it answers questions similar to yours.

Gave the motor a clean on Christmas eve, just a wash and a quick spray of demon shine before drying.

post-70540-0-02391400-1451083321_thumb.j

post-70540-0-20050400-1451083326_thumb.j

post-70540-0-64416600-1451083331_thumb.j

• Like 1

Demon shine.. 14 plate car.. [emoji15]

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Demon shine.. 14 plate car.. [emoji15]

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I just use occasionally after washes (the spray that attaches to the hose) - never had an issue with it, but it's certainly not a go to product, just a quick fix while the weather is bad. I didn't have much time.

I just use occasionally after washes (the spray that attaches to the hose) - never had an issue with it, but it's certainly not a go to product, just a quick fix while the weather is bad. I didn't have much time.

For easy afterwash protection go to the CSP website, look at high gloss wax spritzer. Use "Xmas50" for 50% off

Amazing unbeatable product. 15ml to 485ml water

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

For easy afterwash protection go to the CSP website, look at high gloss wax spritzer. Use "Xmas50" for 50% off

Amazing unbeatable product. 15ml to 485ml water

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Cheers - CSP? - do you have a link

I used to use Poorboys QD Plus, but have run out and just happened to have the demon shine lying in the garage.

I like having a quick spray wax for top up when I don't have time to spend doing a full wax.

Thanks for the code also :) will check it out.

• Like 1

CSP. Clean. shine. Protect.

They're scientifically unique products manufactured in the UK to the highest standards. Pretty much Every product is completely new technology. It may do the same task as other products but they're ultimately superior.

The "QD & protect" & "high gloss wax spritser" products simply spray on WHILST WET & then you go inside, make a drink, go outside and rinse off from the roof down. Then either hand dry or let the protection dry the car for you!!

https://www.cspdetailing.com/

Alternatively you can find products such as Autobead Shine+protect SiO2 spray sealant on my website for £15 per 500ml bottle

• Like 1

CSP. Clean. shine. Protect.

They're scientifically unique products manufactured in the UK to the highest standards. Pretty much Every product is completely new technology. It may do the same task as other products but they're ultimately superior.

The "QD & protect" & "high gloss wax spritser" products simply spray on WHILST WET & then you go inside, make a drink, go outside and rinse off from the roof down. Then either hand dry or let the protection dry the car for you!!

https://www.cspdetailing.com/

Alternatively you can find products such as Autobead Shine+protect SiO2 spray sealant on my website for £15 per 500ml bottle

Awesome thanks for the info mate, I will have a look at both :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club