Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rs Focus Mk2.5 Springs On A Standard Mk2 Focus

Noelm

This may sound like a stupid question, but would springs from a 2010 focus rs fit a standard 2006 1.4 focus, any experts out there

Hi Noel

Yes but it would be over kill

ST springs are hard enough compared to the standard springs on my previous car (see signature)

Stiffer lowering springs may benefit.

ST springs will be more available than rs ones, and probably cheaper for you.

Sorry to sound negative

Jamie

Not sure if they would as RS has the revo knuckle, but even if they did, the 2.5L RS engine and gearbox will be a LOT heavier than your little 1.4, so you will end up having the front of the car sitting much higher than it should be.

The ST springs will have the same problem. Better off going for lowering springs, designed for your engine (and its weight).

• Like 1

i did say stiffer lowering springs :ph34r: i should have bracketted it or something to make it obvious :rolleyes:

Cheers Alex and James for the replies. Thanks for clearing this up, i just saw a set of rs springs going for cheap and never thought of engine weight or anything like that, so would Eibach st springs be the same, would they work on my 1.4 or would it leave it sitting too high and too firm to drive.

ST has the same 2.5L engine block so just as heavy.

Thanks Alex, reckon ill leave as is so.

Another quick one, can you get wheel spacers for drums, im from the VW world and Fords are new to me, thats me shot now i guess

Thanks Alex, reckon ill leave as is so.

Another quick one, can you get wheel spacers for drums, im from the VW world and Fords are new to me, thats me shot now i guess

Eibach Hubcentric wheel spacers would work fine with drums as they utilise the original studs to bolt the spacer to and then the spacer has additional studs for your wheel to bolt to. Check though as ive read that they will only work with certain design alloy wheels that have cut outs on the rear of the wheel centres so that the original studs that protrude through the spacers can sit in.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=eibach+ford+focus+hubcentric+spacers&isNewKw=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xeibach+ford+focus+hubcentric+spacers&sqp=eibach+ford+focus+hubcentric+spacers

Cheers Wes for the info, looking for 17" rs alloys so will check if they have the cut outs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club