Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control...do You Use It?

jace1969

Must have a mess at the climate,will turn it on auto on 23 on feet and window and see what goes on.

If i turn it all on and AC off will it still work just wont blow cold air to cool it quicker if to hot.

Say like a house works just cools down then kicks in when goes below that temp.

Yeah it's exactly like the thermostat in your house. You set the temp and it will get there whether it needs to heat or cool. In the summer it's useful to use the AC but if you leave it off will still cool down, just not as quickly. You may need to choose Eco setting rather than switching off the AC though as that may turn off the climate altogether, I'm not sure in a Fiesta.

23 is a bit warm for me personally, 21 is room temperature, but females seem to like being cooked in the car lol, my Mum has hers on the highest numerical setting. :lol: I know you look after an elderly relative as well so they may need some extra heat I guess. :)

• Like 1

Must have a mess at the climate,will turn it on auto on 23 on feet and window and see what goes on.

If i turn it all on and AC off will it still work just wont blow cold air to cool it quicker if to hot.

Say like a house works just cools down then kicks in when goes below that temp.

A/C stands for Air Conditioning, not Air Cooling.

You can condition the air all year round, warm or cold.

• Like 2

Heated seats are a must for the full leather seats - because this morning for example, I jumped a mile when I sat in the drivers seat. Haha!

A/C stands for Air Conditioning, not Air Cooling.

You can condition the air all year round, warm or cold.

Never looked at that,i always thought A/C and cold air but thats right what you said.

If i do turn the A/C off on mine but leave auto on and set temp will climate still work.

Yes it will still work, but only in terms of target temp, it won't dry the air, so you could in theory still fog up.

You should use the A/C at least once a week to keep it lubricated.

A/C is use it or loose it. It will run out faster not using it, because the seals dry up then the gas leaks out.

• Like 3

I love my heated seats in really cold weather too. Full leather tends to get really cold so the heated seat goes on straight away on full heat. After a couple of miles I switch it off once the car is up to temperature.

• Like 2

I always have my climate control set to a certain temperature or "LO" in the summer, and I try to only use A/C when it's getting too hot or I need demisting. But I do turn on the A/C for 10 minutes if I get to the end of a week and know it hasn't been used.

In summer I try not to use A/C unless it gets too hot, but if I have passengers I just set it to some temperature between 17 - 20 (sometimes half a degree is the difference between being too warm and just right) and auto.

At the moment I have it set to 19, auto and air to feet and windscreen. I find the temperature is a bit inconsistent so it is sometimes changed between 18-20, or in summer down to 17.5 or even less. Above 20 I find is very warm. Heated seats don't get much use for the same reason, but they are great to quickly warm up on a cold morning like today, but then they are turned off before I start sweating.

I tried it this morning and weird thing on the fan side,turned a/c off to try it.

First fan nice and slow for 5mins or so then went mad once the car warmed up a bit,is this right.

My heated seats are so warm when on,work better on leather seats as there cold in the winter.

Yep, its so it's not blasting cold air into the car first, fans speed up when the heater gets up to temp.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club