Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Sort Of Mpg Do We All Get??

Alig1005

2.0l Tdci 160bhp 2014 Txs estate.... 12k on clock I am getting around 43 MPG mixed driving fairly short journeys about every 6 weeks I do a 400 mile round trip in a day and only get about 45 MPG .... Not heavy footed sticking to speed limits 65 to 70 on dual carriageway.... Is this about right and will it get better with more miles on clock.

2.0 petrol 240ps TXS, 55k on clock. Haven't worked it out properly but my average MPG is showing 26.1. Got it to 41 once on a 200 mile motorway trip.

Currently averaging 51MPG mix of Motorway and normal streets, not really taking it easy either, only on cold mornings.

2.0 240PS TXS & get average 30MPG, mix of town driving and trunk road, occasional motorway. My Mk3 ST TDCI returned 47MPG on the same journey.

If driving around town a lot on short journeys it's more like 24-26MPG in the TXS.

2ltr tdci 160, with 160k on the clock, with bluefin, avg mixed driving 53mpg on a motorway at " motorway " speeds 55 mpg the shortest journey I do is 25 miles, that's actually not what's shown on the computer which is about 10% less.

2014 2.2 TDCi TXS with Superchips 230bhp remap with about 8k on the clock, averaging 32.6 m.p.g. over the last 3.5k miles.

2014 2.2 TDCi TXS with Superchips 230bhp remap with about 8k on the clock, averaging 32.6 m.p.g. over the last 3.5k miles.

That is impressively low for diesel MPG!! I'm sure it's quick but still, can't be much cheaper to run than the Focus ST?
  • Like 1

That is impressively low for diesel MPG!! I'm sure it's quick but still, can't be much cheaper to run than the Focus ST?

It's not at all economical Tom & far less then my old MK3 ST TDCi - but it's not run in yet so i expect better mpg when it's loosened up, although i didn't buy either for economy :)

The Focus is actually slightly better on mpg :(

• Like 2

I think the DPF plays a major part in the unimpressive mpg too :(

Ah yes, especially with your relatively low mileage! The DPF is the main reason I won't be buying another modern diesel tbh. :(

Ah yes, especially with your relatively low mileage! The DPF is the main reason I won't be buying another modern diesel tbh. :(

That's true Tom, the TXS only does long journeys & we don't do many - hence the low total mileage . . . it'll be traded in for the Mustang & then the mpg will be really grim - but I'll have one hell of a smile on my face :)

• Like 1

Lol smiles per gallon over miles per gallon! And why not if you can afford to. :D

• Like 2

DPF isn't a problem if you do decent mileage not good if you are doing town work but then neither is a catalytic converter.

• Like 1

2.0 petrol TitX and getting around 33mpg mixed driving and around 38mpg on longer drives, never get to 40mpg.

Just thought I would add to my comment, that my mpg is better in winter than summer, I think due to the fact that in winter I run the narrow 16" wheels than the summer 17" it's about 4 mpg difference,

2008 2.0 Ltr TDCI 158k miles. 5.5 Liter's per 100km. (51mpg) 160km per day 50% on motorway.

Yes I live in Ireland but drive an imported (UK) Mondeo. Hence the Liter's and KM. Confused? Me too :)

Both of my cars 2009 Focus 1.6tdci and 2005 Mondeo 2.2tdci average around 54-52mpg if i convert them from l/100km. Here its heavy winter with -20degrees celsius outside thats why the little 1.6 is thirsty in summer with Focus theres no problem reaching 63mpg. I mostly drive on "highways" not much city driving.

• 2 months later...

I have a remapped 61 plate mk 4 titanium 2.0 diesel. I travel back to home on a Friday night doing around 80 miles an hour for around 120 miles. My car averages on this journey 48 mpg. I have noticed a slight increase in mpg since I had the 163ps up to 190ps, and increased torque (30%), probably because of the responsiveness is far better and less throttle needed. My car is no where near as good on fuel as my old 138 remapped (155) mk 3, which would do around 52mpg on the same trip.

Hi 

I was doing 15 miles to work 13.5 motorway she was returning 48-55 depending on my lead foot. Now divorced only 3 miles town to work, (yes i know walk  to lazy) i now show about 39-42. MY 56 1.4d fiesta in past on similar town route only gave 33mpg, so for big mondeo to return more  im happy.

But once a month run down motorway about 40-60 miles foot flat to carpet for half, then turn around and return 55-60 MPH in 4th to get exhaust temp up so can clear everything. Then every 2-3 months a fuel treatment added to tank.

Running 140bhp 320nm with spider imode tuning set to race.

• 3 weeks later...

57 plate 1.8 TDCi, with 136k on the clock, I can still get an average of 57MPG combined. Today I arrived at work and since topping up a few days ago, I am cruising a cool 73MPG :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club