Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revs ?

Patrico777

I want to ask why are these fiestas tdci s at 70-80mph in high revs like more than 2500rpm

The 1.25 & 1.4 duratec is at 2.5k at 70mph too..

Although, at 70 the car just wants to pull and pull, and despite the high revs once you start giving it some, barely drinks any fuel ;)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Yeah it pulls but that high revs its 1.6 I do not get that 

On a separate note... I use my fiesta mainly on m'ways and found it shocking that a diesel engine is made to run constantly at 3000rpm if you intend to do 70 -75 mph. Is a remap/tuning box going to change anything? It seems a bit pointless having a diesel which is over-revved at motorway speeds. Even a 1.6 golf tdi keeps it under 2000 rpm at similar speeds.   This was said by one guy on this forum TRUE what he says

A remap won't change the gear ratios.. I'm afraid it is what it is. Also, 9/10 "tuning boxes" do absolutely nothing. Spider tuning apparently work but again.. it's the gearbox you don't like

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

The TDCi fiesta is geared for around town really, you would have to swap the box out for something else or find a 6 speed box if available, even though the engine revs fine, its only if you are doing illegal speeds it would rev up higher. I used mine for the motorway commute every day, its fine, its designed to rev at that RPM, it also means that you are in the powerband when needing to overtake from 60 to 70 anyway.

• Like 1

The TDCi fiesta is geared for around town really, you would have to swap the box out for something else or find a 6 speed box if available, even though the engine revs fine, its only if you are doing illegal speeds it would rev up higher. I used mine for the motorway commute every day, its fine, its designed to rev at that RPM, it also means that you are in the powerband when needing to overtake from 60 to 70 anyway.

5th gear Gearing is pretty similar if not the same as the petrol& I have to agree with the points you've just said :)

22 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

I want to ask why are these fiestas tdci s at 70-80mph in high revs like more than 2500rpm

Hmm..... I'm sure mine doesn't do this.

The later 1.5 tdci have a high ratio box. Great when you are out of town but seems too high geared most of the time not a patch on the 1.6tdci 2008.

On 1/22/2016 at 6:44 PM, GingerFlame said:

5th gear Gearing is pretty similar if not the same as the petrol& I have to agree with the points you've just said :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

The worst car for revving at motorway speed was my mk1 MX5, it was very low geared as standard, at 70 it sat at 3k rpm, still managed 53mpg out of it though :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club