Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Srs wiring diagrams

chris pickard

Hi can anyone help I've got airbag light seems to b module can anyone direct me to wiring diagrams for module as need to check live/earth feeds any help would greatly appreciated cheers Chris.

hi, whats the problem? and what dtcs for srs do you have? 

then we could advise what the next step is, rather than blindly doing voltage , earth tests

hi iantt airbag light constantly on bin this way for over a month mot due tomoz assuming its module due to light not flashing just need to know if its module or wiring p.s. wot do u mean by dcts....?

can be anything with light on permanantly, dtc, diagnostic trouble codes, wondered if you have had someone read the codes with and abs code reader. that would make diagnosis the fault easily, 

what i would do without any idea of where the fault lies is to make sure ign off for a few minutes (gives the module time to power down) then unbolt the seat conectors (7mm headed bolt) on both seats, located just under front seats.

then refit connectors and pinch up the bolt. 

switch ign on and see if light goes out. quite common for poor connection creating higher than anticipated resitance.

worth a go first, failing that then reader needs connecting and codes read.

Took it to ford fri and independent wed previous both cudnt connect airbag side of things that's why I think it's module having module tested tomoz if I have to replace is it plug n play as long as I match serial number or will module need programming ????

Edited by chris pickard
More info to put

Hi module gone for tests will know more in 3-5 days 

Hi module been for tests it's knackered so need to buy another does anyone know if I get a replacement that match serial no on mine will it just b a straight fit and plug in or will it need programming to my car????

Same model should do it, but best to get as close to the serial as possible

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

THanks jeebowhite just ordered exact unit numbers letters and all arriving tomoz so fingers crossed

best to disconnect the battery for 60 minutes prior to play, the slightest delivery of electric charge and you could find all your airbags going off!

Well new module fitted plugs under seats disconnected reconnected ffin aorbag light still on 😣😣😣😣

Need help again please fitted new airbag module light still on took to garage to get it reset but again garage could connect to every system apart from airbag anyone got any ideas apart from scrapping car 

sounds to me like the issue is more the wiring...

I had this issue in my mk4 shortly after buying, though I could still connect to the module... it was a bad connection between the offside rear curtain bag and its wiring.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club