Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help needed

Dean Taylor

hi can anyone help I've recently purchased a 2005 focus 1.4lx and after 2 days I was at a traffic light and stalled when I tried to start the engine again it just gave a clicking noise and wouldn't turn over the battery light oil light and engine light showed on the dash eventually I managed to bump start it and it seemed to run fine until today 4 days later loaded up the car with the family and went to start it up and the  clicking noise was back so had to bump start it again and then ran fine and started fine the rest of the day 

3 minutes ago, Dean Taylor said:

hi can anyone help I've recently purchased a 2005 focus 1.4lx and after 2 days I was at a traffic light and stalled when I tried to start the engine again it just gave a clicking noise and wouldn't turn over the battery light oil light and engine light showed on the dash eventually I managed to bump start it and it seemed to run fine until today 4 days later loaded up the car with the family and went to start it up and the  clicking noise was back so had to bump start it again and then ran fine and started fine the rest of the day 

Welcome to the site Dean, sounds like a dodgy battery to me. Did you drive it for long after bump starting it? 

The battery maybe isn't holding it's charge if the car is sat for a while un-used. My Audi that I had before the Fiesta was like that towards the end of last year as I wasn't driving it that often, once I took it for a decent drive the battery would be ok again for a while.

Either that or there might be an issue with the alternator and the battery is not being charged correctly by the car, if you purchased the car from a dealer or garage I would take it back and ask them about it.

Halfords etc will usually check a battery for you for free.

Could also be a dodgy starter motor or bad connection? I would start by getting the battery and alternator tested first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'd also check all of the earthing points. one loose connection could do this too - i've been a victim of this.

• 2 months later...