Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BEST MOTOR OIL

CHELSEA 11

Hi

l have a focus 1.6 2010  what make of oil is the best for my car

many thanks

I wouldn't use anything other than GTX Magnatec 5w30 on mine. 

Mike

Every type/brand of engine oil that meets or exceeds the Ford specifications and viscosity should be fine.

Personally I prefer the original Ford Formula F 5W30 engine ol or the Castrol Magnatec A5 Professional 5W30 engine oil for this type of engine. As an alternative (approved by Ford) the Castrol Magnatec E Professional 5W20 engine oil which is required for the ECOboost engines can be used.  

Castrol is the only brand of engine oil that is officially approved and recommended by Ford. The Ford Formula engine oils are also produced by Castrol.

I picked up some Fuchs oil from Haynes of Maidstone last time I did an oil and filter change. It was a fair bit cheaper than the formula f at the time.  Seems fine. 

I bought Halfords oil at Christmas £12 for 4 litres same spec as my usual Ford oil,giving it ago in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

ford dealers up here use Shell helix professional fully synth now

• Like 1

Every oil that at least meets the Ford WSS-M2C913-C specification should be fine. The Ford WSS-M2C913-C specification is superseded in 2012 by the Ford WSS-M2C913-D specification so most oil types that are currently sold will be based on this specification.

My experience is that most different brand/oil types that are based on the Ford WSS-M2C913-C/D specification are all arround the same price range.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the best oil i can buy. never skimp on oil

Always choose the best thing you can afford.

Jamie

I ALWAYS use Castrol Magnatec

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• 5 years later...
On 3/12/2016 at 9:42 PM, mac801123 said:

I wouldn't use anything other than GTX Magnatec 5w30 on mine. 

Mike

Magnatex is not the same as GTX.

The Ecoboost oil is SAE 5W/20 to Ford specification WSS-M2C948-B eg Castrol Magnatec but not GTX 

32 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

The Ecoboost oil is SAE 5W/20 to Ford specification WSS-M2C948-B eg Castrol Magnatec but not GTX 

not going to dispute that, but the poster Mike (back in March 2016) had a 1.8Tdci engine, so perhaps best if he didn't use the SAE 5W/20 oil for an ecoboost.