Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta "aero foil" front bumper.

Cookey09

My dad has just got a new ZS if you all didn't know already haha😂 But, I've notice this very subtle black splitter type piece that is on his ZS. Looking into it it's on them all, I've just never noticed. But it looks quite smart. I've looked on fordpartsuk. And it's £30ish, I'm fancying it, just not sure on how it fits? Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_front_bumper_aero_foil_black_f_1801362_c_1101.htm

Thanks in advance and much appreciated as always. Cookey. 

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 2

4 long pop rivets available from Fords at some exhorbinate cost. You will need a powerful pop rivet gun to fix.

• Like 2

Screw fix/ Halfords? Would supply me with what I need surely? A rivet gun and rivets... 

Correct me if I'm wrong mate.

Cookey. 

image.png

• Like 1

And again, if I'm wrong, but I'd need to drill holes into the bumper to fit too?

You need to remove the rivets holding the lower skirt onto the bumper. these should reveal the fixing holes if memory serves me right, ( It was 5 years ago). the aerofoil is then offered up and riveted in place. Fortunately I had the use of an air riveter, if not the lazy tong should give you enough levarage to draw the rivet.,But you need the car raised up because the tongs are about 90cm long when extended. Might be cheaper to get a local friendly body shop to fix it,

The rivets are special because of the downforce on the foil. Maybe possible to get a large bodybuilding rivet like No2 in photo with a washer to stop the head pulling through, the Ford type is No3. No1 being a standard rivet.

When i bought a rear diffuser recently i was quoted £2.67 each for similar rivets.

Photo0047.jpg

• Like 1

As an after thought. if you have access to the underside of the bumper it may be possible to fix with nuts and bolts with suitable washers.

• Like 2

I've got one on my Titanium X ☺

If you have the Dress up kit the holes are there for it, if not you'll have to drill your own. As for rivets just use the Ford recommend ones. Rivets - 1555829 - £2.00 each

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_pop_rivit_5_x_3_x_95__f_1555829_c_1588.htm

2015-11-03%2013.00.49_zpsqsjwastl.jpg

• Like 5

@Cookey09 Do you have the dress up kit? I'm unsure how good this would look without it - on @Willy 's car it fits the gap on the front kit, however on yours (without the kit) it may seem to stick out a bit? Since it would be lower than all the bodywork? 

• Like 1

I've got the dress up kit yeah buddy. I'm wanting to do what Willy has done to his. Zetec S front grill kit and leave the chrome surround. And add the front aero splitter. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

I've got the dress up kit yeah buddy. I'm wanting to do what Willy has done to his. Zetec S front grill kit and leave the chrome surround. And add the front aero splitter. 

your sig still isnt big enough mate

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JSMarsden said:

your sig still isnt big enough mate

Hahaha i tried my best to narrow it down. I'm only using iPad so limited to resources 😉

Plus. What about Willy's? His sig and about him is bigger than mine isn't it?😉

• Like 1

I took mine off when I fitted the Triple R front splitter 

On 21 March 2016 at 7:43 AM, Willy said:

I've got one on my Titanium X ☺

If you have the Dress up kit the holes are there for it, if not you'll have to drill your own. As for rivets just use the Ford recommend ones. Rivets - 1555829 - £2.00 each

2015-11-03%2013.00.49_zpsqsjwastl.jpg

How did you fit yours on mate? With the rivets, but how did you access the underside?

I used Ford rivets (4 in all)

Jack the front up or use ramps / stands. That should give you plenty of clearance.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Willy said:

I used Ford rivets (4 in all)

Jack the front up or use ramps / stands. That should give you plenty of clearance.

What tools did you use for the rivets removing and putting in? 

Call me an idiot... 

Ha ha, you'd need a drill and rivet gun.

Has your car got the dress up kit? If so you probably not need a drill as there's holes already there.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

James I see you do have the factory fit dress up kit so if you get your head under the bumper you'll see where the aero blade goes. It's any easy job that should only take 30 minutes in total. Get yourself a rivet gun and the proper ford rivets (4 will do it) 

• Like 1

Haha, fair enough thanks for that mate! Going to get on one order! 

And with this been my first car, I'm pretty much inexperienced regarding adding things and I don't really want to get things wrong...

Cheers Willy! 👍🏻 top man. 

Message Lenny and see if he can help you out with some rivets Part Number 1555829 x 4

• Like 1

Or if not get them from here

Rivets - 1555829 - £2.00 each

And Aero Blade

Ford Fiesta Front Bumper Aero Foil Black - 1801362 - £ 39.99

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_front_bumper_aero_foil_black_f_1801362_c_1101.htm

• Like 1

I've just messaged him, and I'm looking on fordpartsuk now, it seems to be the cheapest.. Cheers mate! 

Just tried messaging him anyway, "Lenny cannot receive messages"? 

Going to post on his wall? 

Just to note the Ford Part site doesn't show the VAT price so the price I gave you is the price on the site with add tax.

Your other option is to approach your parts department and see what they'll do for you. Take in the part numbers and the cheaper price and see if they match it.

• Like 1

Got it on order... 

Just need to my dad to pick a pop rivet gun up from work...

£53ish in total. I'm wanting the honeycomb sport grille kit.. £169 excluding VAT. £210 inc....

ahhhh......😔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club