Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford number 3 - 2014 Fiesta Ecorattle 125ps

GingerFlame

Welcome back mate, looking good as well!

How is the induction kit btw? 

You got any plans on lowering it as well?

• Like 1

Can't go low enough to justify the costs due to speed bumps on my street, the council have even admitted they're ridiculous. Could probably go Down to 35mm below a standard fiesta, or 25mm lower than I am now, which in my eyes isn't worth the cost of decent lowering springs/coilovers 

As for the induction kit, it went on within a few weeks of having the car and I never really drove it hard until after I fitted it. 

Fuel economy hasn't changed from before, induction noise is louder but not too overwhelming. Noise little pop when you let off and the recirc valve opens. Gets alot of attention for the right reasons 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Can't go low enough to justify the costs due to speed bumps on my street, the council have even admitted they're ridiculous. Could probably go Down to 35mm below a standard fiesta, or 25mm lower than I am now, which in my eyes isn't worth the cost of decent lowering springs/coilovers 

As for the induction kit, it went on within a few weeks of having the car and I never really drove it hard until after I fitted it. 

Fuel economy hasn't changed from before, induction noise is louder but not too overwhelming. Noise little pop when you let off and the recirc valve opens. Gets alot of attention for the right reasons 

Well if you fancy going down the springs route, I'm selling my Eibach springs that lower it just the right amount. I believe they are 30-35mm!

Message me if you're interested :smile:

• Like 1

Intercooler has just been ordered! Should be here Monday! 

Original Airtec intercooler for £107 posted!  Will be fitting it myself later next week 

• Like 2

Also ordered cruise control button and the trim for £57 delivered, and also some replacement wind deflectors! Safe to say the business is currently booming!

Cruise control installed. Went well.. If you're colour blind

Parts were "from a 2014 fiesta"

Although I had to swap my existing radio controls to the new one because the replacement had "M" instead of the voice symbol and it bugged me. 

Turns out, the parts are from a prefacelift car. The buttons feel horrible. Oh, and they're red! 

After looking at how the actual switch mechanisms work, and how they break into pieces, Ill be able to buy another standard wheel for pennies, pull the blue switch apart and use that switch mechanism to replace the red. Just means removing the airbag again :( 

It's being activated within the next fortnight. Probably sort the colour out before I sell the car haha

received_10202258470661357.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Cruise control installed. Went well.. If you're colour blind

received_10202258470661357.jpeg

I've never noticed that the radio controls have lights - either mine is different or needs repair 😞

What did you use to program the cruise control function?

1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

I've never noticed that the radio controls have lights - either mine is different or needs repair 😞

What did you use to program the cruise control function?

the lights should come on with the doors open or with the sidelights/headlights on 

Cruise control will be enabled using Ford IDS. It's similar to VAGCOM for German cars, just for fords :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

the lights should come on with the doors open or with the sidelights/headlights on 

Cruise control will be enabled using Ford IDS. It's similar to VAGCOM for German cars, just for fords :) 

I was looking at doing the same with FORScan. 

Thanks for posting the photo - I would have overlooked the different coloured switches also. Of course it's limited the number of wheels available though wreckers now. Back to the searching 👍

• Like 1

Still no sign of the intercooler and the seller is acting up. Starting proceedings through PayPal on Friday! 

Intercooler turned up today. First thing when I finished work was to flat it down/key it then paint it. 

Painted it using black stove spray paint, then added Red airtec logo 

Here's my homemade template in use. The centres of the letters will be done tomorrow 

Snapchat-7499052389760461576.jpg

• Like 3

Before anyone points them out. The cable ties were temporary. They allowed me to rotate the pipes without them sliding off due to a small ridge :)Screenshot_20160930-224141-1.png

• Like 3

Well, after blowing a boost hose off on the dual carriage way on the way to a booking on Saturday, the car is now running perfectly again. It had to be the most awkward pipe to get to. 

Anyway. Cobra Decat and non resonated cat back is being collected on Saturday as I've changed my mind about going custom. 

Following that I'll be going stage 2 mid November I should think, although once the winter weather hits the road I'll probably put it back onto the map for standard power using the Revo SPS handheld until the roads get better 

• Like 4

So, Leaving bridlington at 7am tomorrow, Heading down to Billericay to collect my exhaust. Im then heading down to Clacket Lane Services to meet Jason from OBDiscovery to have my cruise control activated. Jason is kindly bringing a set of 2016 LED Rear lights which ive bought off Willy!

I can almost smell the remap....

• Like 1

crikey , thats a long way , thats london isnt it?

• Like 1

Good to see progress on this, keep it up man.

So, Over 600 miles completed without any issues on saturday! averaged 48mpg.

I fitted the exhaust on sunday night 

listed it for sale yesterday 

recieved a deposit today.

What a vile sounding, embarrassing !Removed! can! hahahaha

Sold for £475, Removing it at the end of the month and replacing with something quieter, probably sports cat & resonated

Car is booked in with Tony Banks in Leeds at 8am on Friday 18th of November for a custom system with Sports cat and most importantly it's resonated! If I'm not happy with it they'll alter it till I am 

• Like 2

Exhaust has been removed ready for the new owner. Turns out hes a member on here too. 

Remap is booked at a place 25mins away from Tony Banks so ill be driving home with a new exhaust and map :D 

gonna have to fight the urge to floor it on the dual carriageway :(

• 1 month later...

Its been aaaages since i posted, but anyway

The car ahs had its exhaust built and it sounds brilliant. Extremely happy with it! nice and even tone throughout the revs & its nice and quiet! few cheeky pops here and there too

It also had its map. We only went for "stage" 1 first time round as itll be going back in january free of charge for stage 2

On the dyno it made 159BHP, 133whp. 225nm. It feels like a completely different car! I honestly forget its a 1 litre, 

I'll try get a video up as soon as i have one. 

On another note, Im going to collect some service parts of a friend who works for ford so i can carry out its second service at home! its on 25k+ already :(

• Like 1

Fitted my new brakes on Tuesday! Cheers willy! my car is shamefully dirty at the moment. Hopefully get it washed tomorrow! Haha 

Tarox Discs, Miltex pads & ST calipers

IMAG0957.jpg

IMAG0959.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Quick update. 

Car is back at AET Motorsport in Leeds on Friday 20th January to have a few issues with the map looked at and go for more power! 

You can find a few videos of the exhaust here; https://goo.gl/photos/QJ3NyCuE1YNs8rKKA

Ive also purchased a set of powerfold mirrors for £50! . I'll be having these activated by the same company that activated my cruise control, OBDiscovery 

Will hopefully be putting it back to standard and selling everything including the car towards the end of the year so if there's anything youre after get your bids in! ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club