Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water pump replacement

lucas1787

I have a 1.6zetc on a Treg(99) and I have a noise(like a grinding)from the left where the aux/cam belt is.I took it to a garage who said it was the aux tensioner,which he replaced,but when I picked it up he said the noise wasnt as bad and was there was some nose from the alternator.I fitted a exchange alternator today,but the noise is still there.The only thing I have been told,is it could be the water pump?.I did feel a little a play in the pully when I moved it and my question is, Is it easy to change a water pump on these,for a semi novice like me,as Iam sure the bloke who done the tensioner will rip me off again and Iam reluctant to keep chaucking money at it. Do I have to remove the cambelt ??Many Thanks Dave

I have a 1.6zetc on a Treg(99) and I have a noise(like a grinding)from the left where the aux/cam belt is.I took it to a garage who said it was the aux tensioner,which he replaced,but when I picked it up he said the noise wasnt as bad and was there was some nose from the alternator.I fitted a exchange alternator today,but the noise is still there.The only thing I have been told,is it could be the water pump?.I did feel a little a play in the pully when I moved it and my question is, Is it easy to change a water pump on these,for a semi novice like me,as Iam sure the bloke who done the tensioner will rip me off again and Iam reluctant to keep chaucking money at it. Do I have to remove the cambelt ??Many Thanks Dave

if your handy with a set of spanners its not a difficult job. its driven off the aux belt so you dont need to worry about the cam belt.

if you have a spare couple of hours then go for it. i cant remember off hand how its fitted though.

have you replaced the aux belt when you done the alternator or tensioner? if not then i would certainly make sure you do this when you do the pump.

if your handy with a set of spanners its not a difficult job. its driven off the aux belt so you dont need to worry about the cam belt.

if you have a spare couple of hours then go for it. i cant remember off hand how its fitted though.

have you replaced the aux belt when you done the alternator or tensioner? if not then i would certainly make sure you do this when you do the pump.

I havent put a new belt on it seemed ok.In the haynes manual it mentioned about the cam belt but iam not sure if it means for the 1.8lt models.To take the pump off is a matter of a few bolts also wheres the best place to drain the coolant?Thanks

I havent put a new belt on it seemed ok.In the haynes manual it mentioned about the cam belt but iam not sure if it means for the 1.8lt models.To take the pump off is a matter of a few bolts also wheres the best place to drain the coolant?Thanks

again off hand im not to sure but i think the pump is held in place by 3 or 4 M6 (10mm hex head) bolts. if you remove the alternator you should be able to get at these. personally if i were changing my coolant pump i would be replacing all the coolant aswell so i would just remove the bottom hose from the radiator unless it has drain plug. if you dont want to do that then try pulling one of the hoses from the pump, that will remove any coolant higher than the pump so you should be ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club