Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Fiesta

jimmymarsbar

Hi all,

My other half has a 1.4 Fiesta Zetec '09, and it's recently developed a squeak on the O/S whilst steering. At first I would have said it was the CV joint, however as the squeak has started getting worse, it's almost certainly not the CV joint, as it only "appears" when the steering turns slightly left -  when the steering is dead straight, if you turn the steering wheel to the left to what would be the 11 o'clock position. It's probably not even that far - maybe only 20 degrees or so. It only happens when turning left whilst travelling under 40mph. We had a motorway run out yesterday and couldn't hear it at 50+.

I've done a bit of reading and generally the brakes are to blame, but I've also read that the PAS pump could also be the culprit.

She's wanting to take it to the garage, but I'd rather gather a bit of background on the symptoms and take a look myself before potentially getting shafted by a garage.

Thanks for your time folks :wink:

Edited by jimmymarsbar
Added Tags

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate my initial thoughts are that it could well be the brake pads not being fully released from the disc while driving which is either down to the pads sticking on the caliper guides which if so means giving the guides a light sanding to remove the muck and put a smear of copper slip on or failing that check the the caliper piston for unwanted rust that could be prevent it from releasing properly when you take your foot off the brake pedal ..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club