Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Air Intakes?

MrShona

Hello Ford motorists.

I drive a 2010 Mk2.5 Zetec S 1.6 Petrol, I've been looking out for modifications I can do to my car recently. Almost all have been minor cosmetic mods, but I was thinking of getting a cold air intake as one of the very few "performance" mods. Although I'm getting confused on which is actually any good. As far as I'm aware, Ford's have airflow sensors and they are set for the specific amount of air that Ford's own air filters generate, and aftermarket filters can decrease power in some cases. Anybody know of an air filter for a 1.6 Petrol that is actually beneficial for the money?

I designed one and then 3d printed it. check my thread for ideas

On the grand scale of things it makes bugger all difference

I've just removed the snorkel connected to air feed to box, my god what a heck of a benefit it make, the things has gone mental, maybe with been remapped must want the extra air much quicker not to sure, try taking yours out if havnt already, cheap gains

doesnt removing the snorkel techinicaly decrease power cause your then getting warmer and hotter air through the intake where you wanting colder denser air not hot so you would be loosing BHP if anything you want a custom bigger snorkel which can pull through more air from the outside of the car :)

Edited by smurf1242
grammer is shocking

also above jeremy makes snorkels through his 3d printer which have much bigger air intake than what the standard snorkel does so i recommend doing that :) and ordering one from him :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club