Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Advice on how to fix this?

ayrshiredude

So I was investigating a rattle and managed to break the end off the Glovebox Ambient Light strip, where the strip connects to the LED adapter behind the Glovebox (photo attached.).  Can anyone suggest a way that I could fix this rather than spending lots of money buying a new one?

Thanks 

20160726_145044 (Medium).jpg

superglue? Might affect light output though.

The fact that wee bit of plastic suggests to me at least that the lights power source is probably fine wire, in which case superglue isn't going to help at all. I think to put it bluntly it's going to be a new one from ford's. Let's just hope the cost isn't too high, no danger of falling back on warranty either as the damage was self inflicted. 

Another option is to contact a car breakers off eBay breaking the right car

Did you find the source of the rattle?

there is a small LED attachment that the end of the plastic strip plugs into. this lights up and transfers the light along the whole strip.  Unfortunately the end bit that broke off was stuck in the LED attachment and broke into a hundred pieces trying to get it out.  I did find the source of the rattle but I am way to embarrassed to tell on here :blush:

• Like 1

well a few weeks ago I one of my headlight bulbs blew and so replaced them both.  have a screwdriver set in a plastic box.  I actually left the box sitting on top of the engine then closed the bonnet :blink:.  Can't believe I was driving around for a few weeks with a tool kit jammed between the top of the engine and the bonnet.  Dread to think what could have happened.

I guess the engine could have dismantled itself? Lol

• Like 3

Lol, I imagine it was making a bit of a racket, I've found the battery cover makes enough noise if it's not clipped in properly...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ayrshiredude said:

well a few weeks ago I one of my headlight bulbs blew and so replaced them both.  have a screwdriver set in a plastic box.  I actually left the box sitting on top of the engine then closed the bonnet :blink:.  Can't believe I was driving around for a few weeks with a tool kit jammed between the top of the engine and the bonnet.  Dread to think what could have happened.

Look on the bright side, if you needed them, they were there!

• Like 1

Why is it on many new cars when trying to take to bits everything breaks :angry: Can't imagine a replacement from a scrap-yard wouldn't be too much.

3 hours ago, Joss max said:

Unfortunately not.  Looked on eBay etc and only seen one that is £107 which is nearly double what it would cost new.  When I got it the end was already broken but long enough to just fit, now that its broken more its too short to fit through unfortunately.

Do You know its part number ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club