Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil change required constant warning 2016 210PS

Dartforddriver

Hi, 

New member!

Had a 2016 Vignale Est  Diesel 210PS since 1 March, and from day 1 'oil change required warning' on dash.  Dealer reset on day 1 and it returned after a few days and then every time the engine is restarted.  Have to 'OK' on wheel to clear off clocks.  Car has covered 1600 miles in total.

Dealer has tried a s/w upgrade, various ways of resetting, replaced oil and filter etc etc.  The issue goes away for 2 to 3 drives then reappears and stays constantly, the dealer is now out of ideas and zero help from Ford, who appear to have no idea how to resolve the issue.

Ford tech/customer service not fit for purpose and not helping the dealer with any support. 

Question is simple:  anyone had the same issue?, and if so, has it been resolved?

Thanks

I'd ask your dealer to send a field engineer out from Ford to inspect the car.

Tell them you'll reject the car if they cannot fix it. (It is easier within 6 months, so before 1st Sept).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I'd ask your dealer to send a field engineer out from Ford to inspect the car.

Tell them you'll reject the car if they cannot fix it. (It is easier within 6 months, so before 1st Sept).

Cheers Alex, well aware of the 6 months and that's in hand (and so is the dealer), prefer not to have to drag through that, but its the last resort.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club