Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk5 fiesta cutting out on righthand tuns

jerrmac

Hey everyone,

I drive a 00 1.25 zetec fiesta and on right hand turns it dies but no dash lights come on etc.. i have to pump the accelerator or tap the clutch to start it again, its very frustrating and its been this way since i bought the car, can anyone help ?

Sounds like fuel starvation.

Fuel slops to the other side of the tank away from the pick-up.

May need a longer pick-up or a new standard one.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

ok i was thinking that but wasnt too sure, so drop the tank :(, it will still happen even if i have the car filled with petrol so i was a bit iffy

If the fuel pick up is standard, why wouldn't all fiestas suffer similarly?

Try changing the fuel filter, it certainly sounds like a fuel problem.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks Ffoxy,
 il try it tomrrow, its fairly annoying because it even happens with a full tank and i cant find anything online about it, il keep ye updated anyway

Can't be the tank if it does it when full.

still no fix anyone else have any ideas? i was told clean the icv but didnt make a difference

i was speaking to a friend who is a mechanic and he reckons it might be something electrical by steering colume as in when i turn the steering wheel ?

All roads are leading to the fuel pump :( time to drop the tank i guess, how long of a job is it?, i have access to a lift so should make things a bit easier

1 hour ago, jerrmac said:

i was speaking to a friend who is a mechanic and he reckons it might be something electrical by steering colume as in when i turn the steering wheel ?

If it was related to steering column then it would cut out whenever you try and park or manoeuvre, even slow speed.

yup true, i might just drop the tank and put in a new pump and see if this solves anything

I reckon there's a loose plug or cable somewhere.  When you turn the centripetal force moves it slightly and the car cuts out.  Could be a pain to find though!

• Like 1

Haha joys of my life nothing is ever just straight forward, this is why i got the car for free of an old women cause her mechanic couldnt find the problem

13 hours ago, jerrmac said:

i might just drop the tank and put in a new pump

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

When you turn the centripetal force moves it slightly and the car cuts out.

Dodgy Inertial fuel cut-off switch?

(If it has one.)

i think it has one, but i must have a look for the location, i have a spear fiesta for parts which is handy

• Like 1

any other ideas lads? from what i found on the internet my car doesn't have a fuel cut off switch

im after finding out that when i hold the clutch down on taking a right hand turn the car stays running but when i dont and i turn the car dies and no lights come on in the dash as in no engine light,oil light etc.. it acts like the ignition is turned off

Do the engine revs drop, but just not stall?

Sounds like it might not be getting enough fuel

no it stalls as in the revs drop to Zero and power steering etc is gone but no lights so up on the dash

No when you disengage clutch, to revs still drop when you go round a corner?

if  i have the clutch disengaged and go around a right hand bend it will cut out, but i will try and disengage the clutch mid corner and see what happens

You'd said earlier the car keeps running with clutch down going round a corner...

yup it keeps running if i engage the clutch on a corner if i dont it will die, the revs are steady if its held down

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club