Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ELMConfig: PCM configuration reading

dentex

Hello guys!

Little question: why reading from the PCM module requires so much time, compared to the writing operation? Many reported times around 50 minutes.

I would expect the exact contrary, as any other memory support. I would love to know what does it have so special.

Disclaimer: I've never read the PCM on my Focus. This is what I've always heard around. I used the "as-built" method and then write back in a second or two, when I enabled the CC.

Thanks.

Should take seconds, not 50 mins.

Is the switch in the correct position?

I don't know. I didn't try. As I said, this is just what I've seen reported on various forums from more than one person. I downloaded the "as-built", modified it and wrote it back.

So, if I may extrapolate: did you ever try on a recent ELMConfig and PCM reading required just a few seconds? (As other modules do?)

This all comes down the the speed of the elm327 interface. You can get cheap copies which support lower speeds or get a good quality unit that's able to acheive the full speed of 50.

That's fine.

I tried a cheap Chinese cable that anyway locked at 500k worked good. All readings and writings I did, took just a few seconds (less than 5 sec). At this point, I'm wondering how much it would have taken to read the PCM configuration... But by now I've already overwritten it with the downloads "as-built", so it doesn't make much sense (I mean: I know already, exactly what's in there).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club