Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Change Of Cars

Pr1vate Piles

Hello one and all. 

So been a bit of a crazy couple of months for me. All starting when my beautiful focus had a delightful meeting with  a charming bmw outside of Glasgow back in June. As you can see from the pics the car did its job well taking most of the damage and allowing me and my passenger to walking away almost pain free.

Unsurprisingly the car was written off and I found myself back in market for a replacement. Never in my wildest dreams did i think i'd get getting anything so new. But i guess karma smiling on me and i've paid a deposit on a 15 plate focus. I saw one last year when i bought my 12 plate focus and fell in love with the look instantly. Sadly last year they were far out of my price range. No idea what's happened to the market for titanium 15 plates to be 10k - 12k now.

Only one pic thus far, i pick it up Monday. Already trolling back across the forum learning all i can. I deffo need to get my hands on the appropriate software and cables and try and turn the satnav function on (if its even that simple).

Anyhow enjoy the pics!

The now ex focus:

20151123_152352_zpsabauptp1.jpg

The charming bmw:

IMG-20160716-WA0008_zps5ylvizja.jpg

Result:

20160727_155139_zpsbn6cn0lp.jpg

New Hotness:

20160826_181649_zpslm2lsztc.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice I really like the 2015 plate titanium model aswel what engine is this ? I am thinking of getting one aswel but don't want to loose too much money so hopefully they don't drop to much value in couple years

Dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very nice I really like the 2015 plate titanium model aswel what engine is this ? I am thinking of getting one aswel but don't want to loose too much money so hopefully they don't drop to much value in couple years

Dean

It's the 1.5L Duratorq-TDCi. Having already had a titanium I could never go back. 1.5 appealed to me because of the 0 tax. I'll be honest outside of that I'm not sure how this engine performs. In test drive it felt more responsive but who knows.

3 hours ago, Pr1vate Piles said:

20160727_155139_zpsbn6cn0lp.jpg

Mate, i see the problem here, there's a wee dent on the tail gate, think a bit of filler will fix it up ok? :D

Nice one on the new car, was the BWM driver pished or something? they must have hit it at some fair speed?

• Like 1

We had come to a stop on motorway due to traffic and from all accounts of other drivers the bmw never stopped. I saw it coming as well....

Tis but a scratch.

But seriously, jeezas what a mess.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

That's really odd, it looks like both cars have hit a pole rather than the 'flat' surface of another car.  Then again I can't think I've seen such a major crash with reasonably new cars either, I guess that's just how they crumple now.

I have to know though, were you able to save the groceries from the boot? :unsure: 

The boot was mostly filled with a weeks worth of camping supplies. We were on our way back to Sheffield after being on North Scottish coast for past week. Only managed to recover the stuff on back seats, all the boot stuff was trapped. Lost a fair old bit of gear I can tell ya...

Ah I just assumed you'd been to Tesco from what I could see on the parcel shelf.  Sucks that you lost camping stuff though. :sad: 

• Like 1

I've got a 1.5TDCi Titanium X Estate. Absolutely love it.

Once the car learned that I have a bit of a heavy right foot, it goes like stink. Pulls like a train up hill too.

1st gear is a bit crap though, can't even pull its self up a small slope in the car park without a little bit of revs.

Sits around 56.6 - 56.9 mpg.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

e8c389277d8f2944f9c75b56f7111db8.jpg

After a proper clean and polish.

Sadly not all good. Some paint issues under boot with it peeling off, something I'm sure Ford would sort under warranty. Second issue is Aircon. Wasn't working when collected. It's been regassed by anrold clark but failed again today. Not best start to new car :(

Sorry to hear about aircon fault and paint issue but ur car still looks stunning. They will sort out the aircon under warrenty and should sort the paint. But if u can try not let them do smart repair ask for body shop

• 4 weeks later...

Iantt got it in one. Ford say big !Removed! crack in condenser. Goes in next week for Ford to cover under warranty thankfully. Not sorted paint yet. Theres some issues on roof, bonnet and drivers door I'm trying to get Arnold Clark to sort. Looks like bird muck dried in and caused some damage. Was like that since i got it, but didn't see until i had cleaned it properly. Ah well the fun goes on ha ha.

• Like 1

its becoming quite common unfortunatly, not just the focus either.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club