Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Ecoboost Ticking issue.

Leezer

You might want to post that in the Mondeo forum... The 1.5 and 1.0 ecoboost engines are very different, with the former not available on the Fiesta.

• 3 years later...

On 9/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, Leezer said:

So my car has recently developed an issue. When the car is idling and I can occasionally hear is ticking over louder than normal from the engine bay. When my foot is on the brake I can also feel the feedback of the ticking a bit. It gets faster as I accelerate but isn't always present.

The car is still under warranty so I'm wondering should I leave it in and get it seen to? 

If there is a fault and it isn't covered under the warranty, am I liable for the labour cost? Also, does anyone have experience of leaving a car in to check for a fault? Is it a fast process?  The reason I ask is because I need my car every single day without fail?

What would you do? As there isn't seemingly anything really 'wrong' with the car yet would you just leave it as is?

Ta 🙂

On 9/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, Leezer said:

So my car has recently developed an issue. When the car is idling and I can occasionally hear is ticking over louder than normal from the engine bay. When my foot is on the brake I can also feel the feedback of the ticking a bit. It gets faster as I accelerate but isn't always present.

The car is still under warranty so I'm wondering should I leave it in and get it seen to? 

If there is a fault and it isn't covered under the warranty, am I liable for the labour cost? Also, does anyone have experience of leaving a car in to check for a fault? Is it a fast process?  The reason I ask is because I need my car every single day without fail?

What would you do? As there isn't seemingly anything really 'wrong' with the car yet would you just leave it as is?

Ta 🙂

Hi was this ever solved or found the cause of the issue? I have got the same problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club