Do Not Sell My Personal Information

only had our fiesta for 7 month its been back to the dealership 7 times!

chrism2015

I brought a new (65 reg) fiesta at the end of January and after a week or so I noticed a hesitation when accelerating but it only appears to affect 3rd 4th and 5th and only when the car reaches 2500 revs, the majority of the time its only slight but since getting the car it has got more noticeable, the wife never felt it at first but has started to notice it more and more.

The dealership has had the car back in 7 times now and each time we've had excuse after excuse.

1st. our driving style

2nd. supermarket petrol

3rd. car needed a software update

4th. spark plugs needed a 'clean' 10 miles at 3500 revs (despite a 300 mile journey on a motorway 3 days previous)

6th. its normal despite mechanic saying there is something

7th. sales manager cant find any issue so nothing wrong despite him saying he could feel it and knew what it was!

I don't really know how to describe the 'feeling' but it feels like the engine has died but then it comes almost straight back, and the dealership don't seem to want or be able to help and have opened a complaint with both ford and the dealerships head office, I do know the dealerships diagnostic computer is saying there is nothing wrong (or so I'm told)

has anyone come across this before or any idea what is causing it?

Chris

Tell them that you don't think the car is fit for purpose and you want your money back.   You'll be amazed at the effect it has. :sleep:

• Like 1

tried that the 'new car sales manager' said yesterday I wish I could replace it but there is no fault!

although he did admit there was a problem last week when he came for a drive with me and our dash cam caught the conversation

What engine have you got?

How often does it do it?

Have you tried taking another of their cars out with the same engine to compare?

Engine: Zetec 1.25

How Often: just done a 2 mile journey and its happened 7-8 times but depends on speed/revs.  we have just been down to Devon for a week where it happened all the time and it really struggled up hills to the point we coundn't over take a car towing a caravan and on another occasion a scooter overtook us! 

and we had a courtesy car which was the same model and engine over the last weekend only difference was it was a 16 plate not 65, that car never did it and strangely felt like had more power than ours, but again the sales manager said it didn't and we were imagining it! 

I didn't know they still did the 1.25 for new Fiestas. I thought the 1.0 non turbo was the lowest spec now.

The 1.25 is an underpowered old school engine, so will be pretty gutless.

The demo/courtesy cars are normally ecoboosts, but you'd feel the difference. Lots more torque and a totally different engine note, due to the 3 pot.

this courtesy car was a 1.25 zetec like ours, I checked with the service department before we took it and they said they wanted to give us one with the same engine as ours to see if we noticed a difference, which we did

I'm sure the dealership are fobbing us off cause they don't want to replace / refund, but the way its going I think well have to take it further and involve solicitors, was just after seeing if others had had similar issues 

It's a shame you've not had it less than 6 months then it is easier to reject it.

Have you tried taking it to a different dealer for their opinion?

might not be related but worth a shot - see if they will replace the coil pack - my mk2 focus 1.6 TI-VCT had the exact symptoms as you're talking about. the computer and diagnostics showed no issues but yet the tech could see there was a problem but refused to budge. as soon as the pack was replaced everything was fine. The leads could also be at fault but definitely try the square pack next to the engine (oddly enough the engines and the components look similar in the 1.25 (mk6/mk7) as the mk2 focus 1.6

worth a shot.

citizens advice have said that shouldn't be an issue due to the amount of time / attempts they have had a fixing it, as it was reported within 2 weeks.

as for another dealer, the only other ford dealership near us is the same company just further away, but we have been in contact with ford who have a complaints handler looking into it and they have asked us to allow the garage one more look at the car on Thursday so they can speak to fords technical team about it while its plugged in to the diagnostic computer, apparently ford's technical team can view allsorts of data from your car when its plugged in

1 minute ago, Tomson said:

might not be related but worth a shot - see if they will replace the coil pack - my mk2 focus 1.6 TI-VCT had the exact symptoms as you're talking about. the computer and diagnostics showed no issues but yet the tech could see there was a problem but refused to budge. The leads could also be at fault but definitely try the square pack next to the engine (oddly enough the engines and the components look similar in the 1.25 (mk6) and the mk2 focus 1.6

worth a shot.

will ask them about that, thanks

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:43 PM, Tomson said:

might not be related but worth a shot - see if they will replace the coil pack - my mk2 focus 1.6 TI-VCT had the exact symptoms as you're talking about. the computer and diagnostics showed no issues but yet the tech could see there was a problem but refused to budge. as soon as the pack was replaced everything was fine. The leads could also be at fault but definitely try the square pack next to the engine (oddly enough the engines and the components look similar in the 1.25 (mk6/mk7) as the mk2 focus 1.6

worth a shot.

I just had a read up about coil pack problems and symptoms, when the garage suggested the sparkplugs one reason was the were full of carbon and black, something I have just read says that this can be a symptom of a faulty coil pack

Not unusual.   I had to have a coil pack replaced on a brand new Fiesta.

Fuels pumps are also a bigger problem with fiesta's.

got the car back now and they have opened a case with ford technical support cause its not the coil pack, their current thinking its something to do with the A/C as they have said they cant replicate the problem when its turned off, but more importantly they have admitted there is a 'fault' that needs fixing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:27 PM, chrism2015 said:

got the car back now and they have opened a case with ford technical support cause its not the coil pack, their current thinking its something to do with the A/C as they have said they cant replicate the problem when its turned off, but more importantly they have admitted there is a 'fault' that needs fixing

Was thinking about this today, has there been any further developments?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club