Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone directory

russellf

Hi,

I have a Nokia E71 with about 300 contacts.

I have the main one's stored in the car, so I can use the voice system with them.

When I want to call one of the others, there seems to be no quick or easy way to get to it !

All you have is up or down, and it just scrolls through them one by one !

Is there any easier way?

Hi,

I have the main one's stored in the car, so I can use the voice system with them.

When I want to call one of the others, there seems to be no quick or easy way to get to it !

Is there any easier way?

Holding the up/down for a while causes it to speed scroll through on mine (it basically only shows you ever 5th entry or something so you can get to the right letter and then search for a precise contact) which isn't too bad, although still not exactly a search facility.

Holding the up/down for a while causes it to speed scroll through on mine (it basically only shows you ever 5th entry or something so you can get to the right letter and then search for a precise contact) which isn't too bad, although still not exactly a search facility.

Hi, thanks for that....Still not great as you say.

Holding down that button for all that time, can't safely be done while driving.

Surely there must be a quick way to jump further down the list....

Hi,

Good News!

My phone (Nokia E71) has voice activated dialling so......

When you activate the car voice control, instead of saying DIAL NAME, say MOBILE NAME.

This then activates the phone through the car system, and you can then say any name as you normally would.

Not sure if this works on any other phone??

Hi,

Is there any easier way?

As coysht says, the only way is to hold the button down. I heard that there was a software update for more recent models which made it slightly easier to navigate these menus.

How do you store the contacts in the car?

Nice car btw, I like those wheels.

How do you store the contacts in the car?

Using the voice controls, say "phone" and then "store name", it will ask you for the name (twice) and then for the number.

Can't get the directory to work on my phone (LG KC910). Have tried storing the numbers on the sim card and phone memory but the only thing that comes up in the list is 'my business card' which does nothing. Any one have any ideas or had the same problem?

Thanks

Using the voice controls, say "phone" and then "store name", it will ask you for the name (twice) and then for the number.

Can't get the directory to work on my phone (LG KC910). Have tried storing the numbers on the sim card and phone memory but the only thing that comes up in the list is 'my business card' which does nothing. Any one have any ideas or had the same problem?

Thanks

hi

have you tried putting your numbers just on the phone and not your sim that s what i did and it now brings directory up also, have you looked on the ford site to see if your phone is compatable, i could not see it on there i changed my phone because on the site it was only compatable for 2 out of 5 operations.

regards paul

Thanks

Thanks, I have the same problem. I bought a Samsung tocco but it doesnt work very well with the bluetooth in the Fiesta. Unless you have a Nokia, you cannot get full compatibility with the system. I am going to buy a cheap Nokia instead for this very reason!

hi

have you tried putting your numbers just on the phone and not your sim that s what i did and it now brings directory up also, have you looked on the ford site to see if your phone is compatable, i could not see it on there i changed my phone because on the site it was only compatable for 2 out of 5 operations.

regards paul

Thanks, I have the same problem. I bought a Samsung tocco but it doesnt work very well with the bluetooth in the Fiesta. Unless you have a Nokia, you cannot get full compatibility with the system. I am going to buy a cheap Nokia instead for this very reason!

Yeah, have tried on just the phone and just the sim, neither works annoyingly. You're right, its not listed as compatable so may be resigned to changing the phone if I want it to work....just one thing confises me, two phonebook entries do show up in the recent calls list by name? Why there and not in the phone book and also why only two of them? May just be easier to change phone.

Yeah, have tried on just the phone and just the sim, neither works annoyingly. You're right, its not listed as compatable so may be resigned to changing the phone if I want it to work....just one thing confises me, two phonebook entries do show up in the recent calls list by name? Why there and not in the phone book and also why only two of them? May just be easier to change phone.

hi

look on the compatable site and see what comes up with 5 stars and put it on santa's wish list :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club