Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency key blades missing ?!

Mikey_B

HI,

I've just bought a '59 plate Mk4 Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X.   It has keyless entry, and not knowing anything about the system when I bought the car I didn't check.  But I've now opened up both key fobs and neither of them have the emergency blade inside.

Ford dealer say they can't cut a new one without the key number.

Can anyone help ? 

Thanks,  Mike

i would get an auto locksmith out to make you a key from the door barrel. can be made up in situ.

• Like 2

Where did you buy the car? Private or Dealership?

If from a dealership they should source them for you out of courtesy.

Bigger problem now is who actually has the E-keys?

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

If you/dealer can't source the 2 original blades then I would be seriously thinking about changing the locks. If it's a dealer you bought from then it's a little less scary but if it's Joe Public then it could be a scam where they wait a few days/weeks then knowing where you live (potentially) they come and break in to the car or worse they steal it back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They wouldn't be able to start the car without the rest of the key fob as the blades don't hold the chip. Still it is a concern that someone may be able to open the car.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply's... It was a private sale.

I'm thinking about replacing the locks, would it be just the drivers door and ignition  ?

They wouldn't be able to start the car without the rest of the key fob as the blades don't hold the chip. Still it is a concern that someone may be able to open the car.

They could get in and then as it's a push start they can flash the OBD port with the right bit of kit and bobs your mothers brother!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club