Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECU is toast

stevecmax

Hoping for some advice

My Cmax 1.8 Petrol Duratec developed a fault. Went into limp mode. Called out the RAC as I was miles from home. They said it had Fault code P2110 and coil pack fault code (sorry didnt write that down), He could clear the Coil pack code but not the P2110 code. 

The next day I plugged my OBD code reader in and was able to clear the codes with no problems. Unfortunately the fault seemed to be getting worse and the vehicle would now only travel approx. 0.5 miles without going into limp mode with the miss fire and ‘Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited RPM’ fault as detailed above.

I therefore took the vehicle to my garage where a miss fire on number 1 & 4 cylinders was diagnosed. They swapped the coil packs over to ensure that it was not a coil pack fault but the miss fire continued on cylinder 1 & 4 after the code was cleared (note : the misfire is only on idle). They tested the throttle body and have advised me that there is no fault and therefore it must be the ECU as they are known for being troublesome.

The ECU was duly sent to a diagnostic company who stated it was beyond repair and was to earth??? Problem is I need aother ECU. The one I have is &M51-12A650-VC. There are some on eBay but most have different letter suffixes. I can see a VE and a few VC's. My question are the last two letters significant and will i need to get a fusebox etc to go with it. 

Any help/advice appreciated.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I would be questioning, why the ECU is reported as "beyond repair".

This sounds more like an electrical fault, not an ECU fault!!! who removed the ECU?

• 2 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 6:38 PM, stevecmax said:

Hoping for some advice

My Cmax 1.8 Petrol Duratec developed a fault. Went into limp mode. Called out the RAC as I was miles from home. They said it had Fault code P2110 and coil pack fault code (sorry didnt write that down), He could clear the Coil pack code but not the P2110 code. 

The next day I plugged my OBD code reader in and was able to clear the codes with no problems. Unfortunately the fault seemed to be getting worse and the vehicle would now only travel approx. 0.5 miles without going into limp mode with the miss fire and ‘Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited RPM’ fault as detailed above.

I therefore took the vehicle to my garage where a miss fire on number 1 & 4 cylinders was diagnosed. They swapped the coil packs over to ensure that it was not a coil pack fault but the miss fire continued on cylinder 1 & 4 after the code was cleared (note : the misfire is only on idle). They tested the throttle body and have advised me that there is no fault and therefore it must be the ECU as they are known for being troublesome.

The ECU was duly sent to a diagnostic company who stated it was beyond repair and was to earth??? Problem is I need aother ECU. The one I have is &M51-12A650-VC. There are some on ebay but most have different letter suffixes. I can see a VE and a few VC's. My question are the last two letters significant and will i need to get a fusebox etc to go with it. 

Any help/advice appreciated.

Steve

what was the final out come to your problem no body seems to reply back to :whistling1:these

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club