Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control

HairyTomato

image.jpgHi there, could anybody tell me what this picture is showing me, I thought it looked liked the cruise control icon when refering to the owners manual but I'm pretty sure this focus of mine doesn't have cruise control?

thanks in advance

its your speed limiter  you can set the max speed you want to go at  and it will warn you /not allow you to go over it  , it has nothing to do with cruise control  and will not affect cruise control 

he says he hasnt got cruise, so no speed limiter either. as wilko says , its average speed.

• Like 1

Cruise Control and speed limiter do not even work at 12 MPH.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Cruise Control and speed limiter do not even work at 12 MPH.

While on the ball, I'm pretty sure my instrument cluster doesn't even have the icon for cruise control could I still fit it or will I need the instrument cluster too?

• Like 1

All Focus MK3/MK3.5 instrument clusters support Cruise Control. The Cruise Control/speed limiter functions are shown as text/symbols on the display. This is not an illuminated indicator like it was on the older Ford models.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

While on the ball, I'm pretty sure my instrument cluster doesn't even have the icon for cruise control could I still fit it or will I need the instrument cluster too?

just needs enabling  in centralcar config using foccuus software. 

ive got a spare cruise button and partial wiring for 2012 focus if your concidering fitting cruise . if you read wilkos build thread it shows how to fit to existing steering wheel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

just needs enabling  in centralcar config using foccuus software. 

ive got a spare cruise button and partial wiring for 2012 focus if your concidering fitting cruise . if you read wilkos build thread it shows how to fit to existing steering wheel. 

By partial wiring you mean enough to connect it all up and get it working once fitted? If so how much you want for the button (Can't pay until Friday)

no idea on how much, cant see any on uk eBay, make me an offer. read wilkos build thread first so you know whats involved in fitting on on cruise wheel, when i fitted mine i bought tge whole wheel with switches and had to buy a small wire to link up my other  button. but assune you have an earlier focus with the volume button lower down steering wheel. 

if you have i think it may just plug in, as the cruise switch came off an early one . it all worked and only reason wheel was changed was some previous owner had hand control knob that squashed the foam of wheel.

1476021351882.jpg

as mine was a later focus i had to replace this wire for one with the green connector to plug to the cruise wiring

1476021548908.jpg

Just had a look at the guide and wow I don't think I'll be able to do all the hacking up might be best for me to buy the steering wheel from a breakers, I'd definitely end up breaking something

i thought that might be the case, thats why i said to have a read up. lol

if you go the breakers yard route, make sure you get the earlier steering wheel with switches if yours is early focus as a member on here bought an early one to go on a later focus , couldnt get it to work and didnt know why. he eventually got it sorted in a fashion but had a redundant volume/voice button extra on his steering wheel.

I've also got a spare steering wheel, I might at some point have a go cutting to get the switches to fit. And sell on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club