Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering wheel buttons PITA.

winemart2

My cruise buttons have always worked fine, when they didn't it was my own fault.

The "radio" buttons, however, have always been a PITA.

Usually the vol- was a problem and didn't work, take it to a dealer, worked fine, collected the car, yep, worked fine.

Next day, nope, nothing.

After p*ddling around with various combinations (press audio command, previous track, vol-  it might work) until today.

Today, vol- becomes vol+, what a load of bollo***.

CANbus? CANbollo***. This is progress?

(They fly planes with this sh** y'know).

I blame the Sony radio, but how to get confirmation?

I'm absolutely convinced it's not the actual wheel buttons and that it's some software f***-up/start-up/initialisation fault.

Normally, I'm quite happy to simply turn a volume knob up or down, but Ford provided a wheel based solution, cept it doesn't reliably work.

Where do I go from here?

Of course, I only paid ~12K for the car, what would I expect?

Joke.

I remember when you first joined, moaning and groaning about the technology in the Fiesta and the possibilities of it going belly up, looks like your worst nightmare has come true.

• Like 1

It is the buttons on steering wheel mine went like this, some people use contact cleaner and some have had there buttons changed

12 hours ago, DaveTheDog said:

I remember when you first joined, moaning and groaning about the technology in the Fiesta and the possibilities of it going belly up, looks like your worst nightmare has come true.

I think you're right, Dave. Sadly.

Couple of months back I went to the car and the battery was dead. The fob key opened the door, luckily. I connected the charger, bit of a fan noise, charger tripped, came back on, bit of a fan noise, charger tripped ....... a few times..... then charged ok, been fine since.

Progress? I've **it it.

It wouldn't be so bad if the dealerships had a clue.

The only help I could get was by asking one of the grease-monkeys who said that the quiescent current draw should be less than 50mA.

£70 for hooking up to a computer (out of warranty)? Madness.

Looks like buying an old banger next time.

It's all far too "clever/expensive" for me.

I had an issue with my zetec s a while back just after I bought the car, volume down became up and volume up cut the radio sound completely, booked mine into evans halshaw in Leicester and they sorted it out and has worked fine ever since... mine was in warranty so no charge, not sure if it would cost you? also a point as mine is a zetec s it dosent have the DAB Sony radio it has the standard ford equipment.

Ahhh, cheers Rob. Yep, I reckon it's the Sony DAB.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club