Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus st mk3 unable to get reverse gear on startup

nigel123456789
聽Share

hi there ive been drawn to this forum as ive searched hi and low for a decent site that i can ask decent members some thing that ford cannot resolve ! sorry this is my first post and woukd like to say hi to you all 馃槅. So my problem is i have a mk3 st focus and when i start it up from cold or if its cold most times it will not go into reverse and when and if i do get it into reverse to back out of my drive way or work space the 1st and 2nd gears feel pretty crunchy to get into . this goes within a few miles driving as i would imagine the engine warms the gearbox /clutch . i took it to ford technical centre at dunton essex they had it for two days and when聽i got it back the next time i started it BANG the same thing again and again and yes again ! now i spent over 19k on this car and do you know what ford said ?? ?? ... they said its a problem thats been raised by a few other owners and i have to wait for a recall . i asked when that woukd be and they said could be a years time ??? now this sounds absurd ! can any ine please help ?聽

Have u checked the oil level in the gearbox? (The garage should have done this)

If you put it in 1st to start with and then reverse聽after is it ok?

(before lifting clutch pedal obviously)

i beleive that ford did a complete clutch bleed and the clutch feels alot lighter now and if i start the car in 1st it still wont go into gear 聽. i beleive fird checked the oil level but i dont know for sure . they had it two days lol so id expect yhey must have 馃槪its done it two more times since i wrote this and one time my mate had to push me back to get outa my space . its becoming embarrassing

yes dal i tried that and it dont do nothing its still the same .聽

If the clutch feels lighter there's probably more air in it now...not bled properly... :unsure:

I have the same issue not being able to get reverse when cold in the Mk2.5聽though, I always reverse park otherwise its a faff to get reverse in the morning.聽 I find lifting the clutch slightly while pulling the gear lever can slip it in but not always.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club