Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Passenger Footwell

Phil1982

Hi,

I have Ford Focus Zetec 125 '61 plate which I bought a few weeks ago. I noticed the other day that the passenger side footwell carpet was pretty wet, front and back. It dried out and was fine for a few days then on my way to work yesterday when I arrived it was wet again. I have it checked in a garage and he can't find anything wrong and has put it down to when I had it washed it was probably from that. The water/anti-freeze level is fine. He left it ticking over for half hour with the heating on and the carpet remained dry throughout. I opened the bonnet when I got home and noticed as you will see from the diagram that in the photo the casing (don't know what that part is called, the thing just below the wiper) was damp and wet. The one on the drivers side isn't wet at all. Is that normal and could it be a sign of anything to do with my wet footwell?

Thanks in advance.

14628086_10154027980063652_830259409_n.jpg

14628086_10154027980063652_830259409_n.jpg

What are your door seals and windscreen seals like? Also check behind the glove box/ by the bulkhead 

Check the drain pipe from the scuttle is clear, had a Cavalier once that was like a swimming pool until I squeezed the drain pipe to find it was choked with leaves causing the water to fill up under the skuttle and find its way into the car!

I'm suspecting its only getting wet after its rained? Pollen seal is leaking most likely into the filter in the pass footwell

• 4 years later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, did you ever solve this problem?

• 1 month later...

Old thread. But if it’s any help to anyone - I had a similar issue, scuttle panel drains were fine as was the air con one (pollen filter can’t really get wet if the scuttle drains are working as the intake is quite high and under cover).  The insulation behind my dashboard was wettest at the very top where it folds forward towards the engine bay on a ledge.

My problem turned out to be a failed windscreen primer resulting in the bond failing.  The windscreen (original one in from new - 5.5 years old) could be pushed away from the body along the entire top length of it.

had it removed and refitted today.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club