Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault Codes *HELP NEEDED*

Tema1900

Hi guys, 

This is my first post on here as im having some trouble with my little fiesta mk6 

I have two fault codes coming up (C1234 Speed wheel right front input signal missing) and (C1141 Wheel speed sensor left front tone ring tooth missing fault)

Had my clutch changed, after a few days i noticed a weird noise coming from LF,  turns out my drive shaft nut was not done up properly, hence where the rubbing noise was coming, after doing up the nut i find that my ABS light now  comes on the dash when im rolling and havent touched the brakes. At this point i removed and cleaned my LF abs sensor to no avail.

decided to keep on driving my car for another week with the abs fault as i didnt have time, ABS has stopped working. A week later i change FR wheel bearing and front pads and the handbrake light comes on. ive now been driving over a a month with these issues, the problem doesnt seem to be brakes as when i cleared codes and drove the car, both lights came back on when i was rolling and hadnt touched the brakes. everything else on my dash is working perfect.

any help would be so appreciated on how i should move forward with this problem, im trying to avoid taking it to a garage and would much prefer sorting it myself if possible

thanks

1 hour ago, Tema1900 said:

I have two fault codes coming up (C1234 Speed wheel right front input signal missing) and (C1141 Wheel speed sensor left front tone ring tooth missing fault)

Had my clutch changed, after a few days i noticed a weird noise coming from LF,  turns out my drive shaft nut was not done up properly,

If the clutch was done by a garage, they should be looking at this under warranty, really. Not torquing up driveshafts properly is a bad error. It sounds to me like the abs sensor has been damaged, or the tone ring moved out of alignment perhaps, while the driveshaft was loose.

Did the ABS sensor look damaged or marked when you removed it?

Also, do you know if both DTCs appeared at the same time, or the left one (C1141) 1st, then the right one (C1234) later when the bearing was done?

It is almost certainly an ABS fault. It could be both sensors with their tone rings, connectors or wires, or a fault in the ABS unit & its connectors. I rather doubt if a fault in one sensor could cause faulty readings in the other. Though it is just possible a software error is giving the wrong DTC (L vs R), C1141 seems a very rare one.

Forscan (and possibly some other diagnostics programs / apps) can read the individual wheel speed sensor readings, and so should show if one or both is faulty. I can give more info about Forscan if you want.

Peter.

Bearing has probably been damaged, replacement will be required. The magnetic part is on the back of the bearing which is where the sensor gets a signal from. 

• 3 years later...

Hi guys 

Im having the same problem. Same fault code. C1141. 

Original fault code only listed the rear sensor was faulty. I replaced those and now a new code of C1141 appeared. Front tone ring missing? Only after the rear sensors replaced.

Anyone point me in the right direction? 

Anyone able to help me out?  

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club