Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Diesel Mondeo EGR Problems

Kiosk Keith

Car Details: 2010 Mondeo Titanium 1.8 TDCI Diesel

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have suffered with a similar problem or possibly have a solution to this.

Since buying the car back in June of this year the car has rarely started first time always second time? But now as times gone on it has steadily got worse.

What happens is this, I turn the key, then engine fires up then dies immediately. Start it again, same thing happens it dies. On the worst occasion it took 27 attempts to start it but the average attempts required at the moment seems to be around 4 or 5 times. Once the engine is running its absolutely fine. Not missing or struggling in any way and if I go for a short drive then kill the engine and leave it an hour or more it still restarts without any trouble. It just seems to be once the engine has cooled right down then starting becomes a problem.

The car has recently undergone a full service which included all filters and I dont use cheap supermarket fuel only Shell or BP and I have been using fuel treatments to clean out the fuel system.

The garage that did the service said it could be down to a faulty EGR but when they did the diagnostics there were no fault codes stored at all which possibly rules out the EGR.

Im now thinking about removing the EGR and giving it a good clean with carb cleaner or WD40 but cant see the bugger to remove it. I found the guide below but the engine is definitely not the same as the one in mine so not sure where to look. If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful.

If you need any more info just ask :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club