Do Not Sell My Personal Information

boot switch bulb mk6

richardbell556

Any one know if the bulbs are replaceable in these switches? Image result for FORD FIESTA MK6/7 TAILGATE RELEASE SWITCH                                                                                                     are they easy to remove from dash ..is this a switch strip and solder job to renew bulb?

Is it supposed to have a light? I was wondering this the other day when I was fumbling around in the dark for it haha. 

I did mine the other day. Changed my standard green illumination for a white led. You have to take the actual button off the front and reveals the bulb.. you do have to solder the new one back on

thanks . bring back the good old days of the mk1 it would take seconds to change bulbs ect . had a feeling it would be a pain . and they say modern cars are more reliable .no just disposable .every little thing nowadays they want you to renew not fix . they complain about pollution  levels .   in there madness they brake and recycle parts from cars ect and spend thousand  to be able to shred ect all the bits , and its so your steered  to replace the switch to replace the bulb. how is things like this making all these cars ect more environmentally friendly . yet if you pick up a switch off a old mini or ford ect form the the year blonk you could just pull the bulb holder out and done. my farther has reliants knocking on 30yrs and switches still going strong .   ironic really that land rover are still using  parts out of the British Layland  parts bin from the 70s...

bring back cars from the 70s   morris miner ,mk1 fiesta , and yes i still think the best car i have ever had is my mk1 fiesta 1.1 GL  practical in every sense   you could even get a MacDonald and have loads of room for to put stuff . only place a macdonalds cup fits in the mk6 is the floor. mk1  bought with 42000mls and sold on at 147000 8yrs later never let me down once. had the AA out the first week of having mk6  broken front coil spring os  .... what a bang ...funny i could drive the mk 1 with a broken spring 350mls home   without  the  AA following me tip tow home and and that was 8 mls home with the mk6  . only one thing i can say about most modern car there designed by    w............s  and were all stupid enough to buy there c....p.  We'll soon be back to the horse and cart. If i had to plug a car in the wall I think i'd give up...how is a hybrid car something new when trains have been doing it for 30yrs  ... but you will be expected to pay through the roof for it...

that's my rant thanks trenks   for that heads up ,though i was 98% expecting the reply you gave me .   (yes i know its just a switch,but seen to be everything to touch if its been made in the last 10 yrs).lol

I totally agree with your rant. and it's trouble shooting too that's got really hard. if the car does not start when you turn the key where do you start, everything is interlinked into the ecu. In the old days you pulled fuel pipe off carb to check fuel was pumping , checked for spark, flicked the contact breakers, checked timing with a bulb and wire etc.  (but newer cars generally go many more miles with no interim maintenance and use less fuel)

On a similar note to yours, on my brother's audi the indicators stopped flashing. check the flasher unit? well sounds simple - and then you find that the flasher unit is an integral small soldered part within the hazard light switch built into the dashboard and hard to access. it makes you want to ssscccrrreeeaammmm.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club