Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comunity police officers,

spitfire123

hi all,

i was wondering if anyone knew the ins and outs of comunity support officers as regards to motorisits?

i was followed by one yesterday for quite a while....i indicated in to my turing and they did the same (so i knew they were following me). now as far as i know they done have the blue flashing lisghts on there skoda things so cant pull you over. am i right?

as im fairly sure they were going to follow me untill i stopped,but i lost them n traffic.it turns out later on that day they were at my house asking for me and when they found i wasnt in they said we'll be back next week?

now the fiesta has been lowerd...alloys...pipe etc on it, so they like to pull me.

anyone shed any light on the matter?

cheers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiesta_lad

• matt1987

• Jonny87

• DanGull

hi all,

i was wondering if anyone knew the ins and outs of comunity support officers as regards to motorisits?

i was followed by one yesterday for quite a while....i indicated in to my turing and they did the same (so i knew they were following me). now as far as i know they done have the blue flashing lisghts on there skoda things so cant pull you over. am i right?

as im fairly sure they were going to follow me untill i stopped,but i lost them n traffic.it turns out later on that day they were at my house asking for me and when they found i wasnt in they said we'll be back next week?

now the fiesta has been lowerd...alloys...pipe etc on it, so they like to pull me.

anyone shed any light on the matter?

cheers

i wouldn't of thought so. just doing the ground work for the big boys i should think perhaps something else you have done?! and just that they were turning into your road at same time.What is a Police Community Support Officer?

Police Community Support Officers are members of support staff employed, directed and managed by their Police Force. They will work to complement and support regular police officers, providing a visible and accessible uniformed presence to improve the quality of life in the community and offer greater public reassurance.

PCSOs are not replacement police officers but are there to address some of the tasks that do not require the experience or powers held by police officers, which often take officers away from more appropriate duties.

Are they like special constables, traffic wardens or local authority neighbourhood wardens?

Just as PCSOs are not the same as police officers, they are not the same as special constables, traffic wardens or local authority wardens. They are a unique role designed purely to tackle local anti-social behaviour and issues affecting the quality of life. Police Forces continue to support special constables who have the same powers as police officers. While PCSOs will be providing a visible and regular patrol, unlike neighbourhood wardens, they are employed by the police and have some powers provided by an Act of Parliament to allow them to directly tackle some anti-social behaviour issues.

Why are Police Forces employing Police Community Support Officers?

Public demand for visible patrols has never been greater. There are new opportunities arising from the Governments reform of policing to provide additional capacity to better meet the demand and deliver a service your communities expect and deserve.

What do they do?

Their primary purpose is to improve the community and offer greater public reassurance. In support of regular police officers they will work within a targeted patrol area to provide a visible and accessible uniformed presence; work with partners and community organisations to address anti-social behaviour, the fear of crime, environmental issues and other factors which affect the quality of peoples lives. For example; reporting vandalism or damaged street furniture, reporting suspicious activity; providing crime prevention advice, deterring juvenile nuisance and visiting victims of crime.

Where will they work?

Within all Divisions. They will work in a range of locations that may include areas experiencing a particular problem, particular estates or streets, or rural parishes. this will be determined primarily by the divisional commander. PCSOs will be part of the team that is managed by the community policing sergeants. They will have radios and have access to all appropriate Police information systems.

What powers will they have?

All PCSOs will have the following powers:

* Issuing of fixed penalty notices (e.g. riding on footpath; dog fouling; litter)

* Power to confiscate alcohol and tobacco

* Power to demand the name and address of a person acting in an anti-social manner

* Power of entry to save life or prevent damage

* Removal of abandoned vehicles

Additional powers are being considered by central government

How can they be effective without full police powers?

PCSOs are not police officers. A major part of the work of PCSOs involves tasks that when undertaken by police officers do not require them to resort to using their full police powers. All PCSOs will be given full training to enable them to take appropriate action in the event of difficult circumstances. They will be supervised by police officers and will have radio access to enable them to call for assistance should it be required.

select for more information on this

Articles

the best PCSO articles

around at this time NEWS

the more sensational or direct

article relating to PCSOs today Powers

here are your PCSO powers,

just click you're there

Why can't you just employ more constables?

Police Forces are committed to employing as many police officers as they can. However they need to provide a more visible and accessible uniformed patrol presence and need to tackle the quality of life issues. These tasks do not require the powers or experience of police officers but often take police officers away from more appropriate duties.

Do police officers now not have to conduct foot patrol, remove abandoned vehicles or report graffiti?

Improving and maintaining the quality of life of our communities and to provide public reassurance remains the duty of all staff. PCSOs will not have sole responsibility for these tasks but are there to support police officers in these duties in specific geographic areas.

What equipment will they have?

Because of they way they will be deployed and managed, they will have all the necessary equipment and training to effectively carry out their role. They will all have personal radios that provide immediate access to police communications and support.

How are they accountable?

PCSOs are full members of Police staff and have been recruited to ensure they meet the high levels of integrity expected of all staff. As members of the Police you can be assured that they are subject to the same level of standards and scrutiny as other staff. They are managed by a sergeant, work with a community support team manager and are ultimately accountable to the divisional commander.

How can we tell who is a PCSO and who is a police officer?

PCSOs wear a uniform that makes them recognisable as being employees of a Police Force but that also makes them look distinct from police officers. All PCSOs carry personal identification. If you are in doubt about a persons identity ask them to show you this.

How are PCSOs recruited?

Advertisements are placed internally and in local newspapers. PCSOs are sought from within all sections of our diverse communities to boost our efforts to establish a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.

What training are they being provided with?

PCSOs are being trained in the structure and principles of the force; customer care and community and race relations issues; relevant law and how to exercise their powers; patrol issues; use of Police technology, systems and partnership arrangements. They will be provided with on-going support, training and development.

Why do they only need a short course when it takes two years to train as a police constable?

PCSOs require less training because their role is different and more specific to that of a police constable. PCSOs will be fully trained to understand their role and how and when their powers should be exercised. The training package is comprehensive and on-going and is far greater than the training currently received by local authority warden schemes.

But I want to talk to a police officer?

PCSOs will do their best to listen to you and resolve the issues you have or problems you may be experiencing. But it is understood that there are sometimes when you may want to speak to a police officer. You can always do this by contacting your local police station. However, because PCSOs work with the community policing team managers you can rely on them to pass any message or query to them if you wish.

phpBB3 forums are cutting edge communication LATEST TOPICS

click on LATEST TOPICS to view the site's cutting edge phpBB3 forums VIEW MET PCSO PROFILE

|What is a PCSO?| |Forums| |About| |Powers| |Services| |Dating| |Interviews| |Friends With| |Articles| |Archives| |Threads| |Register| |News| |Chat Room| |F A Q| |Stats| |UNISON|

they cant do much can they?? like all they can do is a civilians arrest or say wait here while the police come to arrest you! i wouldnt of thought they can stop you or say much? i was parked up the other day while my mate had a cig and a bunch came over checking i was insured on the car and old enough (which i get alot annoyingly!!) and they offered me a section 59 unless i moved on quickly which i found abit odd

Ijust thought they were cnuts.

Oh well lol

Hello All!!!

I am a PCSO ( Police Community Support Officer ) and yes they can direct you to stop if they wish, but obviously they have not got any blues and twos so cant realistically pull you over. You can only really get pulled over if its a marked car or it has blue lights.

They obviously wanted to check the car out, and yourself out which is perfectly reasonable. If they thought you looked dodgy or boy racer(ish) then they are well within their rights to do so, they just cant search unless with a Police Constable.

With regards to the threat of a S.59 notice Nico, you must have been doing something else, and your not letting on. You were either playing loud music or revving the engine ( basically, using a motor vehicle in an Anti Social manner ). If not, then you should have asked what the S.59 warning was going to be for?

Be very very careful with S.59 warnings. If you get 1 you need to be worrying, as another one will lead to seizure of the vehicle, and it will be crushed no matter what! ( It applies to both Vehicle, and yourself... so if you were sat driving in your Fiesta and you got a S.59 warning, then the next day were doing the same in your mates Fez, your mates Fez will be crushed )

Nico, were not really there to solve murders or anything big, but what we are there for is re-assurance, cutting down on ASB and general neighbourhood issues like anti social parking, and neighbourhood disputes. I think we do a damn good job, but then again.... I would say that wouldnt I :lol:

If you need any advice....... just ask!

"general neighbourhood issues like anti social parking, and neighbourhood disputes". blimey could you let our local plastics no that please, would be nice to even see 1 bit like the real 1's only appear when you don't need 1 bit like buses really.any how enough of that because he might come take my pc from me :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had a section 59 a few years go. Didn't stop me doing much, they just never caught me.

One of my best mates had 3 S59's in 3 months, 2 from the same copper. Guess he was just lucky.

Havn't heard of anyone local to me having the car taken from them, but they have been threatened.

I will only ever see these PCSO's as policing on the cheap. Sorry but I would much rather have my tax's spent on proper police people that can actually arrest anyone for anything, I would also much prefer a LOT more of real traffic police to be out on the roads but alas their long gone now we have GATSO's, sorry I meant cash point machines for government and road safety alliance dictators oops I meant directors!!!!

Hello All!!!

I am a PCSO ( Police Community Support Officer ) and yes they can direct you to stop if they wish, but obviously they have not got any blues and twos so cant realistically pull you over. You can only really get pulled over if its a marked car or it has blue lights.

They obviously wanted to check the car out, and yourself out which is perfectly reasonable. If they thought you looked dodgy or boy racer(ish) then they are well within their rights to do so, they just cant search unless with a Police Constable.

With regards to the threat of a S.59 notice Nico, you must have been doing something else, and your not letting on. You were either playing loud music or revving the engine ( basically, using a motor vehicle in an Anti Social manner ). If not, then you should have asked what the S.59 warning was going to be for?

Be very very careful with S.59 warnings. If you get 1 you need to be worrying, as another one will lead to seizure of the vehicle, and it will be crushed no matter what! ( It applies to both Vehicle, and yourself... so if you were sat driving in your Fiesta and you got a S.59 warning, then the next day were doing the same in your mates Fez, your mates Fez will be crushed )

Nico, were not really there to solve murders or anything big, but what we are there for is re-assurance, cutting down on ASB and general neighbourhood issues like anti social parking, and neighbourhood disputes. I think we do a damn good job, but then again.... I would say that wouldnt I :lol:

If you need any advice....... just ask!

Why is this well within the rights if you don't mind me asking?

I will only ever see these PCSO's as policing on the cheap. Sorry but I would much rather have my tax's spent on proper police people that can actually arrest anyone for anything, I would also much prefer a LOT more of real traffic police to be out on the roads but alas their long gone now we have GATSO's, sorry I meant cash point machines for government and road safety alliance dictators oops I meant directors!!!!

I suppose you could call it what you like mate, but fact of the matter is.... it works :) You obviously dont understand our role and how the Police force work's judging by your terminology.

Titanium_S_Spec.... Looks like your lot are not doing their job properly. We would never get away with it. Our management are sh*t hot, and I like to think my team is too!

If your not happy with not seeing them about, why dont you give your local force an email?

Why is this well within the rights if you don't mind me asking?

The key is " If they have reason to believe, or to suspect ". I would probably hazard a guess that it was a PC and a PCSO in this instance though, as it is rare for a PCSO to be driving around.

We only drive round with PC's.

Edit - Maybe they have problems with street racing in the area?? We dont know the circs.

I suppose you could call it what you like mate, but fact of the matter is.... it works :) You obviously dont understand our role and how the Police force work's judging by your terminology.

Well by the admission above PCO's are partly in existence to increase public awareness. What for baffles me? Someone who can give you directions? I'm not being rude but considering the lack of powers they have it's an utter waste of time and money. The only way they should use PCO's is as part of training to become a fully trained proper police officer.

I would much rather PCO's were scrapped all together though and the money invested back into real policing, especially traffic police. I can remember when you actually regularly saw a policeman on the roads. Today it's the Gatso which when placed along a straight road rather then at a junction before it kind of makes me think it's a money maker.

Well by the admission above PCO's are partly in existence to increase public awareness. What for baffles me? Someone who can give you directions? I'm not being rude but considering the lack of powers they have it's an utter waste of time and money. The only way they should use PCO's is as part of training to become a fully trained proper police officer.

I would much rather PCO's were scrapped all together though and the money invested back into real policing, especially traffic police. I can remember when you actually regularly saw a policeman on the roads. Today it's the Gatso which when placed along a straight road rather then at a junction before it kind of makes me think it's a money maker.

I see police community support officers has a run around for the police the PCSO around my area only just look like they got out of junior school :lol: its like one night i was checking if all my doors were locked on my car and two were waiking down my road now before i pulled up they seen me driving my car so has i was making sure all the car was locked for the night they both come up to me and said is this your car i felt like saying no its my next door neighbours why ask a stupid question when you have just seen me driveing it :lol:

Also ive never seen a PCSO driveing a car ive only ever seen them on push bikes or waiking.

Titanium_S_Spec.... Looks like your lot are not doing their job properly. We would never get away with it. Our management are sh*t hot, and I like to think my team is too!

If your not happy with not seeing them about, why dont you give your local force an email?

e-mail lol ..what they gonna send out lol ..blimey you most be well blinkered by the old rosa's or you live in a very big lovely bubble because they aint interested in anything o apart from coming to try to bollock me for having a go at some ppl who nicked some stuff from an old car i had silly little freshers they were did not have a clue so said goodbye and shut the door.so sorry lost all faith etc etc in all of them. You obviously dont understand our role and how the Police force work's judging by your terminology. o i think we do utter plastic is what springs to mind.. bit like the highway cowboys...

I see police community support officers has a run around for the police the PCSO around my area only just look like they got out of junior school :lol: its like one night i was checking if all my doors were locked on my car and two were waiking down my road now before i pulled up they seen me driving my car so has i was making sure all the car was locked for the night they both come up to me and said is this your car i felt like saying no its my next door neighbours why ask a stupid question when you have just seen me driveing it :lol:

So, people who steal cars don't drive them. That's a new one.

They can't do right for doing wrong. I wouldn't have a problem if a PC or a PCSO asked me whether the car was mine whether they had seen me driving it or not. You would probably be the first to complain about them doing nothing or not being around if your car got stolen.

Thanks for the replys chaps/lasses.

It just annoys me why thye would follow you and intimidate you in to doing somthing wrong...it's rediculous.

Thanks for the replys chaps/lasses.

It just annoys me why thye would follow you and intimidate you in to doing somthing wrong...it's rediculous.

like said in various posts if it was serious they would send in the cavalry :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol:

e-mail lol ..what they gonna send out lol ..blimey you most be well blinkered by the old rosa's or you live in a very big lovely bubble because they aint interested in anything o apart from coming to try to bollock me for having a go at some ppl who nicked some stuff from an old car i had silly little freshers they were did not have a clue so said goodbye and shut the door.so sorry lost all faith etc etc in all of them. You obviously dont understand our role and how the Police force work's judging by your terminology. o i think we do utter plastic is what springs to mind.. bit like the highway cowboys...

I would try and form a response to your reply, but its virtually unreadable. If you're going to criticise my job and be insulting when I came on here trying to help, then the least you could do is word it so it makes sense!

At last! A sensible post by KeithC.

Oh well, you can call me what you like, and criticise my job all you like, but its paid for my new Fiesta Titanium so what the hell? :P

I would try and form a response to your reply, but its virtually unreadable. If you're going to criticise my job and be insulting when I came on here trying to help, then the least you could do is word it so it makes sense!

Oh well, you can call me what you like, and criticise my job all you like, but its paid for my new Fiesta Titanium so what the hell? :P

which bit can't you read. criticize your job where is that then.makes sense to me i typed it.but then after you most be able to read it or how come you replied saying i criticised your job. :lol: :lol: :lol: o well keep up the good work. :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: o if u mean the bit about plastic's thats what you are all none as plastic coopers or words to that efect

I don't think you need to take peoples posts so personally Matt. People are entitled to their viewpoints no matter what those viewpoints are. TBH the entire police force it blown wide open to criticism at the moment. Of course I do support the police but I dont have much respect for them anymore. I personally have received a totally unprovoked baton beating from police when I was in London in April this year. I was badly bruised for weeks and couldnt walk properly for about a fortnight.

It seems like every month there is yet more news of Police brutality. A few months back there was that poor girl that was run down by a copper doing 70 in a 30 in his police car, without his lights or siren on, the girl was killed, and the policeman got a minimal sentence

I dont even want to get started on the endemic racism in the police force that is still clearly present today, from the bottom to the middle, from the middle to the top of the police heirarchy. Because I really do hate racism more than anything else.

There are some very good officers out there, very good officers indeed. It's just a !Removed! shame they have to work alongside racist thugs and nationalists.

I don't think you need to take peoples posts so personally Matt. People are entitled to their viewpoints no matter what those viewpoints are. TBH the entire police force it blown wide open to criticism at the moment. Of course I do support the police but I dont have much respect for them anymore. I personally have received a totally unprovoked baton beating from police when I was in London in April this year. I was badly bruised for weeks and couldnt walk properly for about a fortnight.

It seems like every month there is yet more news of Police brutality. A few months back there was that poor girl that was run down by a copper doing 70 in a 30 in his police car, without his lights or siren on, the girl was killed, and the policeman got a minimal sentence

I dont even want to get started on the endemic racism in the police force that is still clearly present today, from the bottom to the middle, from the middle to the top of the police heirarchy. Because I really do hate racism more than anything else.

There are some very good officers out there, very good officers indeed. It's just a !Removed! shame they have to work alongside racist thugs and nationalists.

I take your point completely, but when is there ever a good news story on the Police? There isnt! Whether its a PCSO or a PC, good work is just not newsworthy, and it does not sell newspapers!

I wasnt taking his post personally. My god, if I took that kind of thing personally I wouldnt be in the job mate. I was just merely pointing out that if he wants to criticise, and insult what I do, then at least do it so it makes sense, and not like its been written by an 8 year old child.

I take your point completely, but when is there ever a good news story on the Police? There isnt! Whether its a PCSO or a PC, good work is just not newsworthy, and it does not sell newspapers!

I wasnt taking his post personally. My god, if I took that kind of thing personally I wouldnt be in the job mate. I was just merely pointing out that if he wants to criticise, and insult what I do, then at least do it so it makes sense, and not like its been written by an 8 year old child.

Well the work that the Cumbrian police did during the floods up there was pretty highly praised and celebrated.

One thing with the police at the moment though is that there seems to be a culture of standing back and letting crime happen then trying (and usually failing) to prosecute after. Instead of actually stopping crimes happening in the first place

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club