Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 2.0 duratec. Low temperature and wheel issues

knuckle89

Just picked up my 06 mk2 titanium 2.0 duratec petrol.  

Really pleased with it but as expected couple of niggles passed onto me,  the new owner.... 

Firstly temperature.  Noticed it didn't get above 65/70 degrees on the motorway.  Got slightly higher in town.  I presume that this is the thermostat and will do a torque app scan to see how it compares tomorrow.  What's it like to replace?  

The steering wheel is slightly off centre so I've booked it in for tracking,  there's also a bit of wobble at speed.  I'm going to ask the tyre garage to check the balance of the front wheels but is there anything else I should look into? 

Hi mate my 2.0 runs cooler than my old focus think they may be like this,the heater takes longer to get warm as well runs like a dream all the same.

i changed to titanium alloys on my ghia and had the wobble so got them re balanced it was still the same!

turns out it was the tyres that were on I've since changed them and it's gone away ! 

Maybe put the front on the back if tracking doesn't sort it 

Cheers.  After breaking down within 24hrs its now with a dealer,  whole raft of issues.  Will get them to sort all of it or it's going back! 

Ha yeah I've broken down as well it was the alternator had only done 50k at the time my mk1 was still on its original at 95k makes you wonder 

good luck mate 

My titanium mk2.5 2.0 stayed cool when I 1st got. But I flushed the coolant n changed water pump and it heats up alot quicker now. As for wobble tracking should sort it. Have u checked for any play in bearings, suspension arms ect..  

Have to let us know how it goes.

So engine light came on,  car broke down.  P2008 from memory amongst others.  Dumped it at the garage.  Asked them to resolve plus sort wheel wobble,  thermostat,  check suspension.  Car has 1000 pounds worth of shot suspension components before even looking into engine.... So they're refunding me.  Looking at some newer mk2. 5s instead.  A right dog that one... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club