Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Back from Garage, cables unplugged!

JackDG

Car back from new steering pump, check engine light on and a loss of power. Had a look under hood and as shown in the photo two connectors on front of engine are unplugged. Is there a way to tell which one goes where? I'm going to assume the blue paint mark corresponds to the blue cabled one for now...

Thanks!

DSC_0117.JPG

I would take it back to the garage and let them re plug them in and reset the light and comment what a poor service they supplied by returning you the car like this. Judging by the picture the blue cable should go in the right hand plug.

• Like 1

Poor show!!  I'd take it straight back and get them to sort it.

• Like 1

So did they fixed that mistake which they did???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well I stuck them back in as driving around without turbo sucks. After google imaging it turns out the blue cables actually go in the left connection.

I then found a tool left behind in the engine bay!

Took it back to garage to inform them and let them clear the engine code. They were very embarrassed and will do me an MOT for free. I think it was a fair resolution, 

• Like 3

well I stuck them back in as driving around without turbo sucks. After google imaging it turns out the blue cables actually go in the left connection.
I then found a tool left behind in the engine bay!
Took it back to garage to inform them and let them clear the engine code. They were very embarrassed and will do me an MOT for free. I think it was a fair resolution, 

Yes that's great news but like for me i would ask them about that MOT on the paper as a prove that they will do it. You know what i mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Yeah I know what you mean... but the story continues.

Saturday I was doing the 1st 15minute + trip. not 2 miles onto the motorway I lose power when overtaking. Look down to see the temp gauge maxed out, so quickly pull over and investigate....

coolant reservoir bone dry!!! I put some water through to see what was up - it drops out the bottom of the engine bay just as fast as filling it up! Man at the garage will not be happy to see my face again Monday morning!

• Like 1

Just back from garage. Man says that the gasket between pump and engine block needs replaced as the pump didn't come with a new one - am I right in thinking this isn't something I should pay for? 

They delivered me a car leaking coolant with the turbo unplugged afterall!  I'll be collecting it tomorrow and I have a suspicion they'll be handing me a bill...

Also, "how did you not notice the leak?" you might ask. I did when I picked the car up, but was assures Its just spilled fluid coming off the under cover...

They should have put a new gasket in, most components don't come with gaskets, idiots, totally there fault, a quick word with trading standards may help you.

never mind the how did I not notice how come they didn't notice 

• Like 1