Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front shocks ?

ippy

I'm toying with the idea of changing my front shocks but i don't know weather to do it myself or let my local garage do it 

so my question is how hard is it to do and do i need any special tools :unsure:

If you have no means of compressing a spring and probably some heat for the pinch bolt don't bother lol 

• Like 1

I've got compressers and if i have to i'l cut the bolt out, but other than that are they easy to do? 

i changed the front legs on my '1967 1.6 ford Cortina mk2 column change' many many moons ago :wheelchair: dunno if it will be basically the same :unsure:

Cutting the bolt still leaves you with 2 problems. A new bolt and also you'll need to drill out the remains of the old one. 

Othwrwise straight forward enough. 

Any1 know the size and where to get 2 new pinch bolts? also the torque settings for the rear shock bolts :unsure:

Are you planning on snapping them lol. I normally get them from local Ford dealer as and when required. 

i'm gonna do the rear shocks 2morow did'nt know if you had to torque them up or not 

I would rather put new pinch bolts in rather than use the old ones (if i can get them out that is)

I personally never torque shock bolts on any car. Don't have book or computer handy to even tell you the tightening torques. 

Do you have a blowtorch? Get a good bit heat in about the threaded part of the knuckle/pinch bolt. 

3 minutes ago, stef123 said:

I personally never torque shock bolts on any car. Don't have book or computer handy to even tell you the tightening torques. 

animal!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

animal!! 

Don't pretend you do either lol