Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - ABS light on

Ticktock

Hi all,

2006 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI

I need a little bit of help, my ABS light has come on and am guessing it's either a sensor, ring or the module. I really don't want to take it to a garage and be charged for diagnostics if it's something I can do myself. I'm planning on jacking the car up at weekend and checking for loose /chaffed wiring.

My question is 'is there any way of telling which one it is'. I have a version of 'Formidable' that will help with certain errors but not with ABS one's.

Thanks

Get yourself a ELM327 OBD reader and Forscan and it'll soon point you in the right direction. I can vouch for the ones from Tunnel Rat Electronics (I've got the bluetooth version) which are modified to read high- and medium-speed buses which can be very handy (I don't know if they're both needed for a 2006 Fiesta though, and something like ABS ought to be on a high-speed bus anyway which is accesible without modification).

Thanks for that, I'll be getting one of those.

On 2017-5-4 at 11:49 PM, MJNewton said:

Get yourself a ELM327 OBD reader and Forscan and it'll soon point you in the right direction. I can vouch for the ones from Tunnel Rat Electronics (I've got the Bluetooth version) which are modified to read high- and medium-speed buses which can be very handy (I don't know if they're both needed for a 2006 Fiesta though, and something like ABS ought to be on a high-speed bus anyway which is accesible without modification).

Think I might invest in one too, I've never heard of Tunnelrat, are they ok to deal with or should I stick to amazon? I've never used a obd2 reader before, my knowledge of cars were when computerised thingies were the size of b&q warehouses :smile::smile:

Well, I'd say they were ok to deal with (hence my recommendation!) and from what I can gather it is just a chap making a bit of extra money on the side buying in OBD adapters and making the necessary modifications to them. Good price, good product and what felt like quite a personal service. What's not to like?

Yep, I got one and they where quite fast at posting it, it works too.

Gave me a fault code and a list of possible causes (which I already knew) through the software, however for the ABS system it cannot pinpoint if there is a faulty ABS sensor or the ABS unit itself.

For £15 / £16 you need 1 of these to save on diagnostics costs, The software will cover the majority of fords, so in my opinion is worth it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club