Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 1.8 tdci

Samandroid1998

Hello

Was wondering will taking the cover off my air box/air filter lid do any damage to my engine? I have a k&n filter and it sounds a hell of a lot better with it off as I can hear the turbo spooling etc.

Cheers

Come across this question before; 

Fords official stance is that it stays on to make sure no stones or anything else causes damaged to the system! (aka gets in).

Dont see how any of thats true though lol

If the air filter housing is like mine the air filter could come off the intake pipe and suck unfiltered air.  The airbox lid locates the filter in place.

• Like 1

If the air filter housing is like mine the air filter could come off the intake pipe and suck unfiltered air.  The airbox lid locates the filter in place.

What about if I put a jubilee clip on it? My filters quite a tight fit on it anyway

You can jubilee clip it on but removing the lid could lead to headsoak when you are stopping and starting in town the airbox is designed for maximum flow. If it's the same a mines there is massive hole in the right hand side plenty for noise to escape.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club